10-31-10, 11:25 PM   #1
Foras
Premium Member
Premium Member
Thinking about User Agreement Limitations and Safe Zones

I would like to discuss how add-on authors can safely work within user agreements related to WoW. Carbonite appears to be developed within the obvious safe zone. I feel that there is a significant area that can be further developed within the safe zone of those same agreements.

Carbonite is a "best in class" add-on.

IP law is messy - no doubt. So is drafting agreements or coding add-ons or anything else worth doing.

Is there anyone here who would like to work - actually work, make effort, labor, think, study, etc. - to figure out how brilliant add-on authors (such as those of Carbonite) can find a path to expand their contributions within the user agreements and step into the "creative content" field?

If the response is "no," or "go check your spelling," or "not on our boards," so be it.

People here theoretically have spent real money to support Carbonite. I hope that such a population would like to find ways to contribute to "best in class" add-ons and map safe zone paths to creative content applications.

This is really a simple question. Is this the right place (paid supporter forum of a brilliant add-on) or not?

11-01-10, 03:16 PM   #2
Zasurus
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A lot of people say they are willing to subscribe to Carbointe (me being one) but what about making it easy to setup a subscription donation? As far as I can see the only way to donate is a one off payment currently... Just a thought! ;-) Zas

11-01-10, 05:08 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Zasurus View Post
A lot of people say they are willing to subscribe to Carbointe (me being one) but what about making it easy to setup a subscription donation? As far as I can see the only way to donate is a one off payment currently... Just a thought! ;-) Zas
I'm not sure what that would entail. I put it on my Cataclysm todo list. Might get Haavok to look into it. Has anyone done that before on a website with PayPal?

11-06-10, 12:41 AM   #4
Gendou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
I'm not sure what that would entail. I put it on my Cataclysm todo list. Might get Haavok to look into it. Has anyone done that before on a website with PayPal?
Very often, and quite easily.

11-15-10, 09:08 AM   #5
Astrocanis
A Black Drake
You might check with Scott - nUI addon author - as he has it set up.

11-16-10, 07:23 PM   #6
[email protected]
A Defias Bandit
Pretty easy to do with Authorize.Net.. paypay has some issues with thier subscription and also taxes plug ins.

11-22-10, 06:31 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I put the PayPal page link on my todo list. Cataclysm event tomorrow....

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Thinking about User Agreement Limitations and Safe Zones