09-19-13, 01:57 AM   #1
mikenowo
An Aku'mai Servant
Unhappy Issue swith minimap button bar

I downloaded and am now using the new beta version of Carbonite (Version: 5.4.0 Alpha 1 R1) and have an issue with the button bar that goes down the right side of the screen. I have attached screenshots showing how on certain characters there are different problems:

-On one character, it has a huge gap between a certain set of buttons. This gap in the middle pushes the rest of the buttons down and off-screen (see 'buttons have gap.jpg' screenshot attachment).

-On another character, there are arrow icons in the middle of the button bar that are pushing all the others offscreen (see 'buttons have arrows.jpg' screenshot attachment).

-On yet another character, some of the buttons are completely MISSING at the bottom, not a space or arrows, just NOT there (see 'buttons missing.jpg' screenshot attachment).

-On yet another character, the buttons are PERFECTLY fine. I can see and click all the ones I had on the regular minimap (see 'buttons fine.jpg' screenshot attachment).

---

I don't get why one character has a giant space, another has arrows, yet another has missing buttons and on the fourth the buttons are correct. I'm using the same settings for all of them so why all the different discrepancies :-/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	buttons have gap.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	438.7 KB
ID:	7835  Click image for larger version

Name:	buttons have arrows.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	425.7 KB
ID:	7836  Click image for larger version

Name:	buttons missing.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	437.7 KB
ID:	7837  Click image for larger version

Name:	buttons fine.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	454.8 KB
ID:	7838  

09-19-13, 02:26 AM   #2
Kreelor
A Firelord

You posted this subject twice, once here and once in another thread.

I replied to your original topic before you posted this one. My reply is here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...35&postcount=6

09-19-13, 11:13 AM   #3
mikenowo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
You posted this subject twice, once here and once in another thread.

I replied to your original topic before you posted this one. My reply is here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...35&postcount=6
I posted here because this looked like the new support area for the beta, originally I was working with the older version when I posted in the other area (ie. "WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion:" vs " WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Bug Reports - Beta Release Version". seemed the other spot was not being used much anymore since the beta, which I just found.

09-19-13, 12:32 PM   #4
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I will go ahead and post my reply here since this is most likely where others with a similar problem will most likely find it.

First the easy one. The "arrow Icons" (I assume you refer to the little white ones) are Tom Tom minimap waypoints. When you have an addon installed that point you to spawn points of items like dirt soil, onyx eggs, etc. created for use with Tom Tom, it places these arrows in your minimap to show you the direction of those items. When your minimap is merged with Blizzard's mini-map, Tom Tom doesn't know where to put those arrows, so it just puts them in the "next best place" on your screen. In your case as in mine when I installed Tom Tom to try an addon that tracks onyx eggs, I got this too. Since I found it as useless as other gather-type addons, and since Carbonite otherwise does everything I would normally use Tom Tom for, I delete both.

To correct this do one or more of the following, don't merge Blizzard and Carbonite's minimaps, set Tom Tom to not put arrows in your minimap, or delete or disable the gather addons that rely on Tom Tom. The addon I installed Tom Tom for still put up the arrows after I disabled Tom Tom's minimap arrow feature, so you may want to decide if the addon or addons are actually worth using if you don't like those arrows popping up in the minimap or on the side of your screen.

I noticed that Tom Tom doesn't appear to be enabled in the screenshot where everything is okay. So it is possible that you also have other addons disabled on that character as well. So you may have to do some troubleshooting along with my other suggestions. Of course another option is to disable Tom Tom for all of your characters or uninstall it altogether which I don't expect you to want to do if any of your addons require it to be installed and enabled.

Now the complicated one so to speak. I really can't tell you what the gap is all about, but it is possible you will need to go into the map options area to the tab you used to set up the button bar. Check all the settings to make sure they are the way you want them, especially the settings. Also, with so many minimap buttons, you may want to set the button bar to have 2 or more columns which may solve your gap problems all together. Then you can move the button module to an area more suitable for your needs based on your style of play.

Finally, make sure Tom Tom emulation is disabled in Carbonite. Even though that won't fix your issue like my suggestions will, the emulation is unnecessary if you use Tom Tom with Carbonite.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by JWMcQuire : 09-19-13 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Added a paragraph mentioning Tom Tom's absence in one of the screenshots.

09-19-13, 07:11 PM   #5
mikenowo
An Aku'mai Servant
Looks like the gap was the same as the arrows. The arrows were there, they just flashed on then off for some reason and became "invisible". SO looks like tomtom is really the culprit as you said. I'll have to remove it and use carbonite's exclusively .. don't think I need those special addons for treasures anymore that used tomtom anyway, as you said. Thx for the info!

09-20-13, 04:28 AM   #6
mikenowo
An Aku'mai Servant
Yup it was Tomtom causing the issue even if I had Carbonite's emulation off. So I removed it as well as the three special addons that used Tomtom to find treasures etc. Now the button bar looks fine on all chars. It seems that only if I had specifically added waypoints to Tomtom (using the /way command) that they would randomly show up in the button bar as arrows, but not always (they were on the minimap too). Some characters would show them on bar, others wouldn't and yet others would have a blank spot where the arrows should be.

Regardless, removing the addons fixed the issue. Here are the names of the ones that caused the problem that I removed, in case anyone else has this issue:

-TomTom
-LostTreasures
-LostTreasureCheck
-FindersAndRichesHelper

---

Thanks again for the in depth information!

09-20-13, 10:43 AM   #7
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

You're welcome. I'm glad I was able to help.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Issue swith minimap button bar