04-26-09, 12:47 PM   #1
Logan1981
A Murloc Raider
Couple of Niggles

Hi

Thanks for this addon. Its a good replacement to several I use.

However, I have a couple of minor niggles I'm hoping can be addressed.

- the minimap icon bar. This would be brilliant, if it was more flexible. I just get the feeling this part of Carbonite was 'chucked' in last minute. What would be nice would be greater control of icon positions. Allow us to move the icons around, not just thrown onto a bar and there you go.

- the map icons. I find it really hard to see ? and !. I think this is because the Carbonite icons for example the known quest givers, get in the way. Is there any way to turn these icons off so I can just seen the ? and ! as I'm not interested in knowing such-and-such NPC has X quest.

- the quest log frame could do with some polish. Rather then right clicking everything to get options to share, abandon etc. could we not rather have the buttons somewhere in the frame for this?

I also find it difficult knowing which quests I've completed as the text sometimes gets truncated before the (completed) text. It can be really irritating.

- when I press M to pull up the map, I have to hover the mouse over the zone/area before the icons show up. If I don't, the icons for whatever zone the mouse cursor is over after pressing M will show. Again irritating when you're on auto run and just want to flick the map up and still use the mouse to direct the toon.

- sometimes, when I press M then close the map, the minimap dissapears too. I can get it back by pressing M again, then once more to dismiss it.

Many thanks

Last edited by Logan1981 : 04-26-09 at 01:01 PM.

04-29-09, 09:25 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Many things could be better, but it always come down to time.

The minimap button window took a lot of work to grab the right buttons and leave other icons on the minimap, since minimap icons and buttons have no exact standard for how they are attached. I have thought of many improvements that could be made, but it is functional and that is all the time we have for it currently.

Set the "Minimap is drawn above icons (ctrl key toggles)" on the Map Minimap options page.

We have no plans to add buttons to the Quest Window page. Our design was not to clutter it up with buttons. Left click the thin blue header bar above the quest level/name column to make it wider.

The map simply selects what zone the cursor is over. There is no simple fix for that.

My map always returns to small mode when Esc or M is pressed. Do you have "Hide maximized map when ESC or map toggle (M) key pressed" checked on the Map options page?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Couple of Niggles