04-14-12, 12:12 PM   #1
deemaxm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Stuf unitframes-modify rested,combat,afk icons

How can i change the look of icons like : rested, combat, lootmaster etc. on unitframes using Stuf?? I searched icons.lua in Stuf folder and found this:

Code:
elseif uf.cache.incombat then  -- in combat
			SetIconCoord(f, 3, "Interface\\CharacterFrame\\UI-StateIcon", 0.5625, 0.9, 0.08, 0.4375)
		elseif unit == "player" and IsResting() then  -- player resting
			SetIconCoord(f, 4, "Interface\\CharacterFrame\\UI-StateIcon", 0.0625, 0.4375, 0.0625, 0.4375)
		elseif f.pstat then  -- none
			f:Hide()
			f.pstat = nil
		end
So i was looking for the path shown there : "Interface\\CharacterFrame\\UI-StateIcon" but unfortunatly i dont have somethink in my wow folder.
So can anyone explain me where i can find the .tga's of that icons so i can modify them. I saw some similar modifications on RealUi.
04-14-12, 12:51 PM   #2
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
The files are stored in your mpqs. You can not directly access them.

http://wowprogramming.com/utils/artbrowser
04-14-12, 06:50 PM   #3
cokedrivers
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by deemaxm View Post
How can i change the look of icons like : rested, combat, lootmaster etc. on unitframes using Stuf?? I searched icons.lua in Stuf folder and found this:

Code:
elseif uf.cache.incombat then  -- in combat
			SetIconCoord(f, 3, "Interface\\CharacterFrame\\UI-StateIcon", 0.5625, 0.9, 0.08, 0.4375)
		elseif unit == "player" and IsResting() then  -- player resting
			SetIconCoord(f, 4, "Interface\\CharacterFrame\\UI-StateIcon", 0.0625, 0.4375, 0.0625, 0.4375)
		elseif f.pstat then  -- none
			f:Hide()
			f.pstat = nil
		end
So i was looking for the path shown there : "Interface\\CharacterFrame\\UI-StateIcon" but unfortunatly i dont have somethink in my wow folder.
So can anyone explain me where i can find the .tga's of that icons so i can modify them. I saw some similar modifications on RealUi.
You can pretty much do anything you want with WoW they have set it up so you can change almost any "Graphic" to one you prefure.

There are tho a few step you will need to go threw to make this happen..

1) Go HERE and download the Art Work file. This will give you every texture Blizzard uses to create the game of World of Warcraft.

2) You will need a BLP to PNG converter to view said images i recomend BLP2PNG. This makes it really simple to convert BLP -> PNG and PNG -> BLP.

3) A Image editing software, a free common one is GIMP. I personally dont use Gimp i use Paint Shop Pro that i bought to do it but I've heard people say Gimp is pretty easy to use.

4) Put your newly created image in the correct folder for it to work.

The last part is fairly simple, say you change the image that in folder Interface\\Tooltips\\UI-Tooltip-Border.blp. ( you will understand once you have the Art Work file downloaded) all you do is open your Interface folder in your WoW Directory, you should already see a folder name AddOns(blizzard hides all the other folders so users wont change stuff and break it) now just create a folder named Tooltips (make sure you copy the original one you took the image from in the art work file ie. BUTTONS should be all caps, Tooltip should only have the first letter capitalized and so on) and put your new image in there. Just like the folder name you need to match the .blp name exactly for this method to work.

Now restart WoW and your new texture should replace the default one.

Hope this helps and is what you where looking for.

Coke
04-15-12, 09:25 AM   #4
deemaxm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ty verrrry much Cokedrivers!! worked perfectly. You opened me a new way to design my Ui to details TY verry much

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Stuf unitframes-modify rested,combat,afk icons