11-11-11, 11:40 AM   #1
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Few ActionBar Questions... and a buff question.

1) My current action-bar state is changing Mainbar1 to Bar6 during Druid Cat Stealth form... Everything else this bar is doing is perfect, but I want it to leave Bar6 alone and not change to Bar6 when I go into Stealth on my Druid.

2) I want to change my 2nd bar below my first bar only when I enter Druid Cat Form to Bar... I forget, but I think it's Bar8... it's an unused bar from the default UI. I use Bar10 already, but there's one other unused bar, I'll figure that part on my own, but how do I set that one bar to change to another bar during cat form?

3) Aura Border Coloring / Timer, Buffs & Debuffs alike, based on Target select or Self when none selected. Possible? I added this to a feature request but thought I would ask here in-case anyone (Brainn? :-D) already knew of a way.

4) May not be possible 'yet', but can we hide an actionBar based on MouseOver? I swear I asked this already and Sigg replied with a maybe, but not yet, but I can't find where I asked or where he said that, and I've been working on the new BornabeUI OpenRDX design nonStop for days now and well, my head hurts.

5) Can we move the timers on the Buffs? I want them to show like how my Debuffs are showing, where the timers are inside the icon, at it's bottom-center.
11-11-11, 01:10 PM   #2
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
1/2: this is all about state definition.
you have to set the 'States type' to custom in the actionbar feature and then enter a custom definition.
for the primary bar you should allways include '[bonusbar:5] possess;' to allow stuff like vehicle-controle (shooting that cannon when you enter a siege-engine, stuff like that), everything else is up to you.
im not that firm about the state definitions since i dont play any class where i would need it, so you have to play around with that a bit yourself or hope for sigg to come up with a definition for the stuff you want

3: dont understand what you are talking about

4: should be possible with alpha shader, show/hide i believe is blocked by blizzard ? or maybe it was only on the base-frame but possible on subframes

5: i think you mean aura (buff) icons ? its possible. in the feature editor, click on the cooldown parameters button, there you can define a text offset.
11-11-11, 02:21 PM   #3
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

See the add-on 'Inline Aura' for #3 and thank you a TON for the other things. :-)
11-11-11, 02:37 PM   #4
AznNoProblem
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

As the above said
1+2) change the stance bar to None/Stance for desired results

3) I believe i know exactly what you're talking about. How buffs and debuffs have specific colors on their borders. I believe the only option to color changing the border is:
Under your aura feature-
Button Skin Parameters-
x Use Backdrop / Click it / x Use Border Color / and change the border color to what you want
I don't think theres a way to automatically change the colors according to friendly/enemy target, unless you do every buff specifically in the game o.o

4) I've been looking into this recently also but haven't tried it. I'll try messing around with -Vars IsMouseOver? and Sh: Frame Show/Hide or possibly a custom line [mouseover] hide; show

5) yes you can! Under Cooldown Parameters the giant [COOLDOWNS] button. Click that.
At the very bottom
-Timer Text Offset X
-Timer Text Offset Y
adjust those according to how you want the time remaining.

FIRST HELPFUL POST YAY! I FEEL AWESOME!
11-22-11, 12:40 PM   #5
AznNoProblem
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

So i use my bar 1 as shadowform, along with a state parameter/type
Stance- [bar:1]2

How would I go about adding the possess bar to this?
I can only think of trying
[bar:1]2; possess, but doesn't work -_-
11-22-11, 03:32 PM   #6
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
so if i understand it right, you want the bar to switch depending on if you are in shadowform or not and display the posses bar ?
set the States type to Custom
in the Custom definition try this:
[bonusbar:1] 6; [bonusbar:5] possess;
the bar should then display bar1 if you are not in shadowform, bar7 if you are in shadowform, and the possess-bar if you are in a vehicle or whatever else uses this bar.
11-22-11, 04:35 PM   #7
AznNoProblem
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Brainn View Post
so if i understand it right, you want the bar to switch depending on if you are in shadowform or not and display the posses bar ?
set the States type to Custom
in the Custom definition try this:
[bonusbar:1] 6; [bonusbar:5] possess;
the bar should then display bar1 if you are not in shadowform, bar7 if you are in shadowform, and the possess-bar if you are in a vehicle or whatever else uses this bar.

After tinkering around for an hour or so, it seems i just need to set my bar to DefaultUI and it has this set already -_-
11-22-11, 05:16 PM   #8
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
defaultui should work too, i personaly dont like it because it includes the "bar-scrolling" for bars 1-6 (bound to shift+mousewheel up/down by default i think), the feature that gives the bar 'pages' that you can manualy switch.
11-22-11, 09:27 PM   #9
unlimit
Lookin' Good

I've always just unbound that. >.<

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Few ActionBar Questions... and a buff question.