09-26-08, 11:46 PM   #1
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Multiple interfaces on one computer

Hello all WoWI users!

I have a bit of a problem, I have a friend that comes and plays a character on my account every now and then, and he likes to have his own interface.

My question is, is there any way to easily swap between my interface and his? I know I've seen a program on here to do it, but cannot find it again.

Halp please!
09-27-08, 12:22 AM   #2
roeddog
Premium Member
I use this

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...r-Windows.html

sorry for not linking it directly but for some reason it wouldn't take
09-27-08, 01:48 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

You can always just disable addons you dont intend to use in the addons section at character select on a per character basis. Its the drop down menu on the upper left. This way you can each have the addons you wish to use without them interfering with each other. If your talking graphical elements as well, most of those types of addons have profiles you can also save per character.

I use about 6 different UI layouts each with its own graphics panels across my toons. Thats how i do it.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
09-27-08, 07:17 AM   #4
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I do it more or less the same way as Midgetmage, I have one US that is the default for all my chars then i had another UI that i used for when i was playing on 2 chars at once.

Do I just disabled addons on a per char basis and then most addons have a per character option that you could use

09-27-08, 10:39 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just remember that sharing accounts is against the TOS/EULA and gets people banned.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-28-08, 02:00 PM   #6
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Is it really against it if he just plays on my computer for about an hour a week? He doesn't have the time to really get his own, just likes to fool around on mine. Never thought Blizzard would have a big issue with that...
09-28-08, 11:25 PM   #7
0Blackmage0
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I dont think it would be a real big issue. As long as its only used from your computer (Ip tracking and all) then they would never be able to tell if your friend was using your account or not... My friend all used to play around on my account before getting there own. And im still good to go

09-29-08, 12:45 AM   #8
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Eas View Post
Hello all WoWI users!

I have a bit of a problem, I have a friend that comes and plays a character on my account every now and then, and he likes to have his own interface.

My question is, is there any way to easily swap between my interface and his? I know I've seen a program on here to do it, but cannot find it again.

Halp please!
The Blizzard interface for disabling addons on a per-character basis has always seemed flaky to me. I found Ampere by Tekkub, which does this reliably. All you need to do is disable/enable addons while logged into that character, reload your UI, and you're good to go.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Multiple interfaces on one computer