04-17-09, 09:52 AM   #21
satterwc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Xolan View Post
They've been giving it facelifts since they started adding other games to it (mainly Warhammer). First couple of months it was very rough, but now I couldn't live without it, at least not untill we get a similar/better solution from wowInterface.
I decided to give it another chance and it seems like they have done a lot of work based upon some of the feedback folks provided. It seems pretty darn close to how WAU used to work. I'm glad you responded and I gave it another try. It will save me a fair amount of time each week. Thanks.

04-17-09, 09:13 PM   #22
Phantom
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
And such a program would be considered a "Service" related to the addon.

Everyone really needs to quit talking about ways to "circumvent" the policy.

It is what it is .. move on .. I think Carbonite will be just fine on a donation based system.
They have lost a good deal of revenue since the change, which means they are working on other projects where they are capable of actually selling their work.

Which means were are not going to get 10 updates per patch like in the past. Which sucks for us, because thats what made Carbonite actually better then Quest Helper because the bugs and database got updated so often.

04-20-09, 02:24 PM   #23
Archangel_Mike
Prince of Provocation

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Lightbulb Another Option

Though this is out of the realm of control of the Carbonite team, another solution would be for the folks at Wowinterface.com to get their out of their and continue their updater.

04-20-09, 02:26 PM   #24
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
We're working on it.

04-20-09, 03:26 PM   #25
satterwc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
We're working on it.
LOLWUT?!? I thought it was dead. I would be happy to see it return from out of the ashes. Granted, it seems that ckknight has done some good work on the curse side of things.. but wowinterface is still home.

(wow.. talk about a thread hijack huh? )

04-21-09, 08:37 AM   #26
Xolan
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wouldn't really call it a hijack, as the reason I want a curse mirror is the ease of updating the mod along with the rest I'm using. The wowInterface client would be an alternative to that, and as such is on topic

EDIT: THIS post howere could be considered off topic. lol

04-22-09, 06:22 AM   #27
Garonne
A Fallenroot Satyr
I think updating Carbonite is just fine as it is now. If other AddOns would give me such nice "Please Update, the AddOn has been updated" I wouldn't see any reason for using automatic updating software like Curse and stuff.

Curse usually informs you once a day of AddOn Updates (when you start playing WoW). Carbonite informs you the very instant (well, more or less) a new AddOn is out.

You're directly directed to the Authors Website for updating where you find some nice "Please Donate, because we had a hell lot of work for this AddOn"-Buttons.

I think it's just fine.

04-22-09, 01:22 PM   #28
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Garonne View Post
I think updating Carbonite is just fine as it is now. If other AddOns would give me such nice "Please Update, the AddOn has been updated" I wouldn't see any reason for using automatic updating software like Curse and stuff.
You can get those from WoWI. I've posted this elsewhere, but I'll copy it here too:
On WoWInterface (I don't know about Curse, but I'm sure it's something similar, same with wowui.incgamers), when you go to the download page of an AddOn you use and like, you can click on the little heart underneath the big download button. That adds it to your favourites list. Now every time you visit the site, you will see a notice on the front page (Community tab) saying whether any of your favourites have been updated. As well, there is a link on the top bar of the site that says "favourites", that you can click at any time to go look at your list.

To get email notifications of updates of your favourites, do this:

If you are on your Favourites list page you will see a little menu on the left, or if you are on any other page on the site (except the forums tab) you can click on "Options" on the top bar. Either one of those places you will see:

AddOn Options
Manage Favorites
Email Feeds
Preferences
Download History

Click on "Preferences". You will then see this:

Download Preferences
My Favorites Options
Email Notification:
Enable this feature to recive email notification when one of your favorites has been updated.
yes no

Just check "yes" and any time any AddOn on your favourites list is updated, it will send out an email notification that it has been updated and give you a direct link to the download page for that AddOn.
Hope that helps.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Possibillity of a Curse mirror?