04-29-09, 11:43 PM   #1
Jezzabel
A Cyclonian

How can I get back the transparency as show on my picture

errrr I should never try to discover what is that or this in Carb .....

but I did it and lost my settings. Spend 2 hours to try to get them back but well ...

so on the picture below you can see that I had a transparency around the area (the result when you open Carb in large map, is that I was not seeing the horrible blizz brownish area for the border of the map)

But I dont remember how I did that. Can anyone help me please )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.JPG
Views:	662
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	2590  

04-30-09, 12:54 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try right clicking the map, select Transparency and set the Unexplored Transparency to .35.

04-30-09, 02:38 PM   #3
Jezzabel
A Cyclonian

nope

seems like new patch changed some stuff about how to handle the map and the drawing may be.

Anyway I created a lv 1 on a different server to test out this time and nothing is doing it.

I remember that Carto has that feature long ago, then I found a way to do same with Carbo before patch.

Thanks

nota : I know I did not docked the minimap, but I use an addon called SilverDragon that draw icons of rare on the map and Minimap and if I integrate the Minimap into Carbonite, then its not working anymore. so ... though the icons shows up once I max the carb map

Would it be possible to add some transparency to the background only ?

----
Some other questions about options :
- what is the use of Monitor the zone ?
- in the options there is something like : Number of area to draw : 3
What it does exactly ? is that the reason that if we use the map with Details, there is only some rectangle area drawn and the zone around are brown without details ?

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_043009_163237.JPG
Views:	673
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	2592  

Last edited by Jezzabel : 04-30-09 at 02:45 PM.

05-01-09, 01:18 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can't really tell what you changed in the picture. Nothing changed with how the map is drawn in recent versions except the grey background color was made darker and more transparent and the minimap transparency default setting went from .5 to .1. Right click map, select Show and see if "Draw World" does what you want. Also try right clicking the map title bar and changing fade settings.

Monitoring a zone is for seeing other players in a zone your are not in and getting their punk detections.

"Maximum number of zones to draw at a time" is how many zones the map will draw the zone overlay graphics for at the same time. Those are the selected zones you see on the map.

"Detail graphics visible area" determines how many blocks are used for drawing detail graphics. Make it larger (try 8 or 10) and you can zoom out farther without seeing past the edges of the detail.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » How can I get back the transparency as show on my picture