05-14-07, 02:52 PM   #1321
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
nQuesLog + Keybinding + MonkeyQuest Uninstall

Ok I searched this thread, but couldn't find the answer I'm seeking... I apologize beforehand if I searched the wrong way (It may happen for a large forum such as this).

I'm currently using nQuestLog because MonkeyQuest is just painful to see the quest details and... well, nQuestLog has more features on what you can setup for each little thing and I like to have this kind of control - on my 19" LCD display or my 17" one, it's way better to setup.

Pointed that, I would like to simply uninstall MonkeyQuest, since it's there only because I'm affraid something bad could happen to this wonderful addon (Mazzify).

Other thing: how can I keybind the new nQuestLog? I mean, myKeybind do not show it for me so I really don't have any idea how this works... should I create a Macro? How could I?

Thanks in advance! :-)

05-14-07, 03:06 PM   #1322
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

Shoot Keybind: Where is it?

Sorry for double posting, but it's a different question and sittuation so... I guess it's better to do a different post.

My "Shoot" keybind, as said in Mazzify UI is ALT+~. It's ok. My keyboard is from Brazil (ABNT2) and well, it's far away from WASD. But it would be nothing if it worked! It doesn't work at all...

I tryed the button by the left side of number 1 above (where the ~ is in US keyboards) but it does nothing as well...

One thing you should know, those signs expect a character (in portuguese, expect a vowel) to put the sign on. If I want only the sign, I have to press it twice. In short, it goes like this

~ - Press the key ~ twice
ã - Press ~ once then press "a" once
^ - Hold shift, then the key ~ twice
â - Hold shift, then the key ~, let shift than press "a"

It seems complicated, I know... ^ is the capitular of ~, so for you to know why the shift is pressed.

Well my research for /bongos was unsuccessful since this addon only keybind buttons and "Shoot" is not a button, just a keybind. Then I went to MyKeybind and... well, couldn't find where on earth is shoot, not even the ALT+~ one (so I could know where it was).

Can anyone help me? Foreign keyboards are a problem, I saw many posts talking about it but couldn't find a solution for my case.

Thanks again.

05-14-07, 03:13 PM   #1323
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by miho
I have the same aspect on both mashines, its my skills that change possision.. and get spread all over on all actionbars, or dissapair... and i have to put them manually back to the original placees. I have Mazzleui on both.
The way that the mazzifier sets up the buttons and places actions insures that the button->action ID mappings is consistent. If you have the same exact aspect ratios, chose the same layout in both setups and did not make any manual modifications to the layouts on one or both of the machines, the actions should remain in the same buttons. If you did make modifications, you'll either have to make sure you did them EXACTLY the same or copy over bongos settings from one machine to the other.

05-14-07, 03:17 PM   #1324
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by bsides
Sorry for double posting, but it's a different question and sittuation so... I guess it's better to do a different post.

My "Shoot" keybind, as said in Mazzify UI is ALT+~. It's ok. My keyboard is from Brazil (ABNT2) and well, it's far away from WASD. But it would be nothing if it worked! It doesn't work at all...

I tryed the button by the left side of number 1 above (where the ~ is in US keyboards) but it does nothing as well...

One thing you should know, those signs expect a character (in portuguese, expect a vowel) to put the sign on. If I want only the sign, I have to press it twice. In short, it goes like this

~ - Press the key ~ twice
ã - Press ~ once then press "a" once
^ - Hold shift, then the key ~ twice
â - Hold shift, then the key ~, let shift than press "a"

It seems complicated, I know... ^ is the capitular of ~, so for you to know why the shift is pressed.

Well my research for /bongos was unsuccessful since this addon only keybind buttons and "Shoot" is not a button, just a keybind. Then I went to MyKeybind and... well, couldn't find where on earth is shoot, not even the ALT+~ one (so I could know where it was).

Can anyone help me? Foreign keyboards are a problem, I saw many posts talking about it but couldn't find a solution for my case.

Thanks again.
I won't be making alternate bindings for other languages' keyboards. I'd suggest doing one of two things: (1) place shoot in a button and create the binding you want for that button or (2) download Nymbia's Spellbinder, which allows you to bind spells to keys without putting them in a button. I expect the latter will become part of the next version of MazzleUI, so that people can modify the "hidden" bindings the Mazzifier sets up more easily.

05-14-07, 03:23 PM   #1325
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

I won't be making alternate bindings for other languages' keyboards. I'd suggest doing one of two things: (1) place shoot in a button and create the binding you want for that button or (2) download Nymbia's Spellbinder, which allows you to bind spells to keys without putting them in a button. I expect the latter will become part of the next version of MazzleUI, so that people can modify the "hidden" bindings the Mazzifier sets up more easily.
Yes, I did put the button shoot inside the rest below, but you see, everytime i remazzify to put the new spells buttom it disappears so... It was very annoying every 2 levels to search again for shoot and put it down there. And for the priest layout (who has 2 heals and I dont know why and I expect it's because It's a layout intended for high levels) I replaced one of those heals with shoot. But to remazzify and lost again... :P

I'll try this Nymbia for sure, thanks for the suggestion and the ultra-fast answer. And if I didn't tell before, you're doing a really great job!

05-14-07, 03:33 PM   #1326
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes, I did put the button shoot inside the rest below, but you see, everytime i remazzify to put the new spells buttom it disappears so... It was very annoying every 2 levels to search again for shoot and put it down there. And for the priest layout (who has 2 heals and I dont know why and I expect it's because It's a layout intended for high levels) I replaced one of those heals with shoot. But to remazzify and lost again... :P
There's really no way to avoid that. The mazzifier can't magically figure out how to merge any arbitrary changes a user makes to a layout with the original layouts.

The only thing I may do in the future is add an option to turn off bar compression (decreasing the size of bars if you don't have all the skills needed) and an option to turn off bar layout modification (will just place actions, though that could have some very funky results.)

05-14-07, 03:43 PM   #1327
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

There's really no way to avoid that. The mazzifier can't magically figure out how to merge any arbitrary changes a user makes to a layout with the original layouts.

The only thing I may do in the future is add an option to turn off bar compression (decreasing the size of bars if you don't have all the skills needed) and an option to turn off bar layout modification (will just place actions, though that could have some very funky results.)
Yeah I know, Mazzify is magical already but there's no magic for guessing. :-D

I look forward for the new compilation... this addon is vicious, I can't turn it off

EDIT - Tested Nymbia and it worked flawlessly. Thank you again.

Thanks Mazzle.

PS - I double posted and this doubt http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...postcount=1321 can't be done Nymbia's Spellbinder... any chance you could light me up?

Last edited by bsides : 05-14-07 at 03:52 PM.

05-14-07, 09:05 PM   #1328
td3201
A Murloc Raider
move combat log box

On the left side, I have my chat windows, with 4 tabs, general, trade, guild, and group. Under all that is another fixed box where my combat log messages are. There is no tab to move this. I want to move it to the right side where there is space for it. How?

Thanks!

05-15-07, 06:29 AM   #1329
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by td3201
On the left side, I have my chat windows, with 4 tabs, general, trade, guild, and group. Under all that is another fixed box where my combat log messages are. There is no tab to move this. I want to move it to the right side where there is space for it. How?

Thanks!
Any chat related window should be checked with Prat... you can find it in FuBar, just right click in a empty area and find Prat. Once it's on your FuBar (dont remember if it come by default) rightclick and configure it as you will.

05-15-07, 10:32 AM   #1330
Trojan_Man
A Kobold Labourer

Quick Question

Hey I don't know if it was said already or already asked or is a stupid question, but I saw one of my buddies with an addon that allowed him to search a dungeon for bosses and to see what they may drop. I was wondering if anyone knew what this mod is call and where I can find it becuase, atleast for me, this would be alot more useful than going to alla everytime I go to a dungeon to see drop % and what the items are. Thanks

05-15-07, 10:58 AM   #1331
flaicher
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Trojan_Man
Hey I don't know if it was said already or already asked or is a stupid question, but I saw one of my buddies with an addon that allowed him to search a dungeon for bosses and to see what they may drop. I was wondering if anyone knew what this mod is call and where I can find it becuase, atleast for me, this would be alot more useful than going to alla everytime I go to a dungeon to see drop % and what the items are. Thanks
that would be Atlas (maps) and Atlasloot (loot tables and drop chances)

05-15-07, 11:33 AM   #1332
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Trojan_Man
You mean Atlas (dungeon maps and bosses) and AtlasLoot (drops from bosses)? They do it. You can download them and they work flawlessly, withou messing with mazzify. Also, there is AtlasFu, for you to put and setup it in FuBar if you don't like the buttom in the minimap like me.

05-15-07, 12:01 PM   #1333
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You mean Atlas (dungeon maps and bosses) and AtlasLoot (drops from bosses)? They do it. You can download them and they work flawlessly, withou messing with mazzify. Also, there is AtlasFu, for you to put and setup it in FuBar if you don't like the buttom in the minimap like me.

That is completely unnecessary, since Cartographer already includes those features. You may want to update your version though.

05-15-07, 12:03 PM   #1334
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by td3201

Thanks!
Any chat related window should be checked with Prat... you can find it in FuBar, just right click in a empty area and find Prat. Once it's on your FuBar (dont remember if it come by default) rightclick and configure it as you will.
This is incorrect. While prat is used for chat settings, it has no bearing on the position of the windows. You probably had an error when you Mazzified and didn't notice it. You can try re-mazzifying the layout.

05-16-07, 08:57 AM   #1335
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver

That is completely unnecessary, since Cartographer already includes those features. You may want to update your version though.
In all fairness, Cartographer may have that functionality, but even it's latest version is a sad comparison to the very polished Atlas/Atlasloot combo. I'm very much for avoiding redundancy, almost to the point of being anal, but even I finally forced myself to add another Fubar item so I could utilize Atlas/Atlasloot

Also, if you want the comprehensive instance/loot database, you'll need to download the 1.9 RC1 of Atlas and the 2.0.4 beta of Atlasloot (both of which have worked flawlessly for me for several weeks now). The last AtlasFU (dated 12/06) is also 2.0 compliant and works fine with Atlas if you're like me and don't want the extra minimap button.

05-17-07, 07:46 AM   #1336
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

I'm currently using nQuestLog because MonkeyQuest is just painful to see the quest details and... well, nQuestLog has more features on what you can setup for each little thing and I like to have this kind of control - on my 19" LCD display or my 17" one, it's way better to setup.

Pointed that, I would like to simply uninstall MonkeyQuest, since it's there only because I'm affraid something bad could happen to this wonderful addon (Mazzify).

Other thing: how can I keybind the new nQuestLog? I mean, myKeybind do not show it for me so I really don't have any idea how this works... should I create a Macro? How could I?
Well, I searched a lot and happen to find a way for that.

1 - To uninstall MonkeyQuest... just get rid of all MonkeyStuff. Simply as that.
2 - Download and install Nymbia's SpellBinder.
3 - After installing nQuestLog and have it locked and all, make a macro with any name (mine is Open nQuestLog) and put this at the macro stuff:

/script if nQuestLogFrame:IsVisible()==1 then nQuestLogFrame:Hide() else nQuestLogFrame:Show() end;

4 - Open Spellbinder (type /spellbinder in the chat), click Macro button, search the nQuestLog one, press to set its key to L, confirm and it's ready! Just like MonkeyQuest was...

I hope it helps. Don't know if it's the properly topic for it, feel free to move if necessary.

05-17-07, 01:40 PM   #1337
chrill
A Kobold Labourer
Self Unit Frame.

Hey Mazzle.

i've been playing alil with /DuF but decided the unitframe u made were the best..
i was wondering if u could tell me how u made it ?, cant find out how to place that whole "Char" picture

05-17-07, 07:51 PM   #1338
mrs8joker1988
A Fallenroot Satyr
mage trade dispenser

I read through f.a.q's numerous times so I wouldn't feel like an idiot before I posted and I also read through about 18 pages on this thread before my eyes couldn't take it anymore. From what I've found through the dispenser options it seems to me like it's set up to automatically put items in a trade window that you have previously selected based on character and whether or not you have the right amount of items. But when someone opens trade with me and I have trade dispenser running, even if I have the correct amount of items I still get the not enough items error message or whatever it says and the person I'm trading with also gets that message. Am I wrong in assuming the items automatically go in or are there certain spots that the items need to be in in my bags in order for them to be recognized and placed in the trade? Thanks in advance for any help

05-18-07, 06:36 AM   #1339
griffin224
Premium Member

Tooltips

I'm not sure what happened but suddenly my autobar and trinketmenu tooltips display right overtop of the items, the used to display growing left and up, but now they grow left and DOWN, how do i change the growth????

05-18-07, 08:26 AM   #1340
bsides
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by griffin224
I'm not sure what happened but suddenly my autobar and trinketmenu tooltips display right overtop of the items, the used to display growing left and up, but now they grow left and DOWN, how do i change the growth????
Go to Mazzify Options (the little M bottom left), Buttons And Clicking, AutoBar, Options... on the AutoBar Options windows, click the POPUP tab and change it to whatever you want.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Support Thread (Ask questions here!) OLD