11-20-09, 06:47 AM   #1
nehegeb
A Murloc Raider
Question How to highlight items in a scroll frame?

Hi,
i want a scrollframe like the one in the auction houses.

i have got a table with my data and i have a table which contains up to 10 of the tableinputs at a time. i also got the scrolling-up-and-down-thing by scrollbar and mousewheel and it works quite perfect. but here comes my problem:

at first i want to get the tableentry when i click on one of these scroll frame inputs. in example: i click on entry 'C' and i want to post 'C' in an extra frame. and when i scroll down to entry 'Y' and click on it, i want to have 'Y' in that frame.

and the second thing i need is to highlight the clicked entry to show that it is in use/locked on even when i scroll up and down.

i hope anybody can help me, that would be great!
nehegeb

Last edited by nehegeb : 11-20-09 at 07:01 AM.
11-24-09, 12:31 AM   #2
wajksf
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by nehegeb View Post
Hi,
i want a scrollframe like the one in the auction houses.

i have got a table with my data and i have a table which contains up to 10 of the tableinputs at a time. i also got the scrolling-up-and-down-thing by scrollbar and mousewheel and it works quite perfect. but here comes my problem:

at first i want to get the tableentry when i click on one of these scroll frame inputs. in example: i click on entry 'C' and i want to post 'C' in an extra frame. and when i scroll down to entry 'Y' and click on it, i want to have 'Y' in that frame.

and the second thing i need is to highlight the clicked entry to show that it is in use/locked on even when i scroll up and down.

i hope anybody can help me, that would be great!
nehegeb
What a good idea! Keep at it!
11-24-09, 02:19 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You will need to add a set of buttons into the frame for that to work.

It took me a while to figure it out but I did eventually. My LootAlerter addon uses clickable lists. Version 1.02.00 is where I first introduced it and as I have learnt more I have adjusted it. Feel free to look at the code and disect it and use and change to suit your needs or even use it to figure out how I made it work to see how you can make your one work.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How to highlight items in a scroll frame?