05-03-09, 05:42 AM   #1
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Exclamation Bug: Detailed map sometimes fails to appear correctly

I've noticed that sometimes the detailed terrain map fails to appear either in part or completely. Sometimes half of the map shows correctly while the other half uses a highly zoomed non-detailed map. The place I first noticed this was in Grizzly Hills around 16.3,48.1 travelling NW. I saw similar problems in Durotar (at least I think it was Durotar) during the Noblegarden event.

I've not been back to check if it happens again, but I thought I'd let you know anyway.

Note: The problem seems to be location specific. Once I move away from the effected the location the missing map sections appear.

Last edited by Unbelievable : 05-03-09 at 05:45 AM.

05-03-09, 04:45 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have never heard of such a problem with the detail graphics code. Right click the map, select Minimap. Do you have "Full Size" checked? Can you link a screenshot of it?

05-06-09, 12:33 AM   #3
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Will do as soon as the EU servers are back up (assuming it bugs again).

Last edited by Unbelievable : 05-06-09 at 12:38 AM.

05-21-09, 08:28 PM   #4
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I've been trying to reproduce the problem without any success. It's only happened a few times in the last month or so, and not at all since I started this thread. The next time I see it I'll be sure to screenie it and post here.

08-05-09, 11:08 AM   #5
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

edit: A similar problem has started occuring in carb 3.201 in wow 3.2 (live). Bascially I entered an Argent Tourny tent (in Icecrown) with the map working fine. The minimap docked in maxed form and everything appeared to be working normally. Then when I left the tent, the minimap remained docked, while the detailed carb map had a sizable chunk of sholazar map and an offset Icecrown map. I tried Alt+M to switch between the two Carb maps. Both demonstrate the same problem.

Unlike the previous time I reported this problem, the map corruption remains over a much wider area. Flying east into Storm Peaks gradually fixes the problem when I'm about 25% of the way across Icecrown. The problem reoccurs as I head west and approach Icecrown.

Detailed alternate carb map broken:

Detailed carb map broken:

Note: minimap re-docked when swapping modes. I've altered the transparency of the minimap so that the problem is more visible

Non-detailed carb map working ok:

.. but reverts to broken detailed display when the map zooms in

At a guess I'd suggest the problem is caused Blizzards new subzone in Icecrown. But I'm just guessing.

Last edited by Unbelievable : 08-05-09 at 09:32 PM.

08-05-09, 01:59 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The problem you are describing now is the typical Blizzard regenerated the minimap graphic file names:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=26048

Your original post sounded like a different problem.

08-05-09, 09:29 PM   #7
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

You're quite right. In my hurry to describe the problem I made it sound like the same one. The original post on this thread was a subtley different problem, but I've not seen it occur in months so I'm guessing it's either been fixed or Blizzard have changed whatever it was that caused the problem.

The new report fits under the same title and has similar characteristics, the differences being that the new problem is 100% detail map related (rather than a mix of the two at the same time). The new problem is zone wide, where as the old one was very localised (to roughly single sub zone).

Last edited by Unbelievable : 08-05-09 at 09:34 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Bug: Detailed map sometimes fails to appear correctly