12-28-14, 08:27 AM   #1
venom30
A Murloc Raider
Map gets stuck in Combat

Hi,

i don't know if this ever been mentioned or i just have to change something in the Options (when then please tell me where):
  1. Map opened (big) and a Mob attacks, you cannot close or minimize the Map. When you press M it turns to a Map when you are in a Cavern. And clicking on "X" doesn't help.
  2. MiniMap - when you are being attacked, and you want to open up the Map to see where you can runaway, it turns in the same thing as in Nr. 1.

And the Scaling of the Map doesn't stay, even though its Unchecked. Like i said, if it is just an Option thing, tell me!

Thanks and keep up the good work!
12-30-14, 01:02 PM   #2
lxngtnguy
A Kobold Labourer
In Combat Causes total lockup.

I can confirm the above, however not only can I not close the map, WoW totally locks up, so I wind up dead if the attacking mob is close to my own lvl. The only thing I'm able to do is to totally exit WoW and relaunch the game. So have to be VERY careful to not be trying to look around if you're anywhere near the aggro range of a NPC.
01-01-15, 10:57 PM   #3
GBL
A Kobold Labourer
My Map Problems

My problem also happens when I get out of combat most times the map view freezes I can still see things appear and disappear on it but there's a red arrow over my regular arrow and it doesn't move around. When I try to open the full carbonite map it just shows the minimap and the rest of the space is blank. I usually have to reload to fix this problem but I'm sick of doing that so until the next update I'm turning this addon off
01-02-15, 06:27 AM   #4
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Can't reproduce on the dev version from github. Can you test with it and if still not working without other addons?
01-02-15, 06:29 AM   #5
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
Can't reproduce on the dev version from github. Can you test with it and if still not working without other addons?
I think this is fixed in GitHub version so just wait till new live release.
01-13-15, 09:44 AM   #6
Callindril
A Fallenroot Satyr
This was a previously reported bug before the old forums were archived and frozen...

The old thread is at: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=48738

When traveling with the main map up, if you are attacked, the game simply freezes...have to Cntrl-Alt-Del to get the task master up to kill the WoW process, reload the game, come back in and your dead...

This happens so often, I have tried to train myself not to use the main map...

There's no error log to post, nothing appears on the screen except a frozen main map...

This happens on latest github version just last night.
01-13-15, 12:22 PM   #7
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Callindril View Post
This was a previously reported bug before the old forums were archived and frozen...

The old thread is at: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=48738

When traveling with the main map up, if you are attacked, the game simply freezes...have to Cntrl-Alt-Del to get the task master up to kill the WoW process, reload the game, come back in and your dead...

This happens so often, I have tried to train myself not to use the main map...

There's no error log to post, nothing appears on the screen except a frozen main map...

This happens on latest github version just last night.
Still can't reproduce, can you try testing only with Carbonite loaded (move all folder except Carbonite from the Interface\AddOns folder to another folder and then return them - including Carbonite.Info, Carbonite.Items, Carbonite.Notes, Carbonite.Quests, Carbonite.Social, Carbonite.Warehouse & Carbonite.Weekly if you have them).
In my case the map opens, minimizes and closes in battle without a problem.
Also a list of you're other addons might help.
01-13-15, 01:08 PM   #8
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I posted about this on 12/14/2014 if it applies to this issue

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50740

Rythal's reply

It's known, there is way to many protected functions that get locked down during combat so carbonite pretty much has to be shut down or get spammed with errors saying attempted protected mode function (as happens if you enable compatability mode).
01-13-15, 02:29 PM   #9
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Thrumbar View Post
I posted about this on 12/14/2014 if it applies to this issue

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50740

Rythal's reply

It's known, there is way to many protected functions that get locked down during combat so carbonite pretty much has to be shut down or get spammed with errors saying attempted protected mode function (as happens if you enable compatability mode).
That's totally different issue.
01-16-15, 01:54 PM   #10
Callindril
A Fallenroot Satyr
Still can't reproduce, can you try testing only with Carbonite loaded (move all folder except Carbonite from the Interface\AddOns folder to another folder and then return them - including Carbonite.Info, Carbonite.Items, Carbonite.Notes, Carbonite.Quests, Carbonite.Social, Carbonite.Warehouse & Carbonite.Weekly if you have them).
In my case the map opens, minimizes and closes in battle without a problem.
Also a list of you're other addons might help.
Ok, did just that...Removed all directories from the Addons directory except Carbonite.

Loaded the game, displayed the big map by pressing M, ran into some mobs which aggroed, hit M again to remove the map, and game froze.

At that point, had to CNTL-ALT-DEL to bring up task manager and kill the WOW process....

Repeated several times on several chars...melee (DK/Paladin) and caster (SPriest/Mage).

Does it every time.
01-16-15, 03:11 PM   #11
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Ok, did just that...Removed all directories from the Addons directory except Carbonite.

Loaded the game, displayed the big map by pressing M, ran into some mobs which aggroed, hit M again to remove the map, and game froze.

At that point, had to CNTL-ALT-DEL to bring up task manager and kill the WOW process....

Repeated several times on several chars...melee (DK/Paladin) and caster (SPriest/Mage).

Does it every time.
Then the problem is probably caused by a Carbonite setting, try updating to the latest version (updated earlier today) and check the settings (if you change anything logoff/exit the game before testing to save the changes). Unless you can find what is causing the problem it'll be very difficult for the team to fix it - unless it is fixed already.
01-17-15, 11:11 AM   #12
Callindril
A Fallenroot Satyr
Then the problem is probably caused by a Carbonite setting, try updating to the latest version (updated earlier today) and check the settings (if you change anything logoff/exit the game before testing to save the changes). Unless you can find what is causing the problem it'll be very difficult for the team to fix it - unless it is fixed already.
On that suggestion, I went into the Carbonite Map settings and flipped each one and then went thru the aggro with map up/lockup/reset Wow scenario each time, till I got to the Enable Compatibility Mode setting...

With that one checked, it locked up requiring the WoW reset, with it unchecked, it did not lock up, the map closed as one would expect, and everything was great....

Whats odd is that the Enable Compatibility Mode setting seems to be there to prevent exactly what the problem is...but when its checked active, it locks up, and when its unchecked, there is no lock up...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to check...(or uncheck as the case may be )
01-17-15, 11:49 AM   #13
venom30
A Murloc Raider
By me, the Map just gets Stuck, till the fight is over. Game doesn't freeze.
01-17-15, 02:02 PM   #14
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
On that suggestion, I went into the Carbonite Map settings and flipped each one and then went thru the aggro with map up/lockup/reset Wow scenario each time, till I got to the Enable Compatibility Mode setting...

With that one checked, it locked up requiring the WoW reset, with it unchecked, it did not lock up, the map closed as one would expect, and everything was great....

Whats odd is that the Enable Compatibility Mode setting seems to be there to prevent exactly what the problem is...but when its checked active, it locks up, and when its unchecked, there is no lock up...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to check...(or uncheck as the case may be )
The compatability mode switch was added for Interface replacements that were trying to adjust the windows during combat. However I may of went a little overboard and during that period of time any and all reports of lua errors during combat I fixed by using that toggle. Anyone who is not using something like tuk, elv etc etc should never need to enable compatability (and it should probably be mentioned in the options itself), and it's been so long I don't even know if such is still needed even for them.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Map gets stuck in Combat