12-15-11, 10:12 AM   #1
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
GetLootRollItemInfo canNeed in a guildgroup

http://www.wowpedia.org/API_GetLootRollItemInfo

local _, _, _, quality, bop, canNeed, canGreed, canDE = GetLootRollItemInfo(id)

while trying to improve my misc helper disenchanting module I noticed that when you're in a guildgroup canNeed is always 1 ... is this intended or is it a bug ? In a guildgroup you can even roll need on chaosorbs.

http://www.wowpedia.org/API_IsEquippableItem is not helpfull in this situation ... has someone an idea how I can check if the item should be disenchanted (eg plate,mail,leather when on my priest)

My code looks like this atm
lua Code:
  1. local qualityTab = {'','Green','Blue','Epic'}
  3. local function handleId(id,bop,quality,arg1,arg2)
  4.     if(bop or (not bop and not getPref2('pass'..qualityTab[quality]))) then
  5.         RollOnLoot(id,getPref2('de'..qualityTab[quality]) and arg1 or arg2)
  6.     else
  7.         if(getPref2('greedBOE') and not getPref2('de'..qualityTab[quality])) then
  8.             RollOnLoot(id,getPref2('pass'..qualityTab[quality]) and nil or arg2)
  9.         else
  10.             RollOnLoot(id,getPref2('pass'..qualityTab[quality]) and nil or arg1)
  11.         end
  12.     end
  13. end
  15. local function START_LOOT_ROLL(event,id,...)
  16.     if (not id) then return end
  17.     if(getPref2('ignoreOrbs') and orbList[tonumber(addon['getItemId'](GetLootRollItemLink(id)))]) then return end
  18.     local _, _, _, quality, bop, canNeed, canGreed, canDE = GetLootRollItemInfo(id)
  19.     if(canNeed and quality>2 and getPref2('skipNeed')) then return end
  20.     handleId(id,bop,quality,canDE and 3 or 2,2)
  21. end
12-15-11, 08:12 PM   #2
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

When the group is fully preformed without the help of the dungeon/raid finder, the loot methods are unrestricted.

As far as I know, the only way to get the information you're wanting is to scan the loots' tooltips and I'm not sure how feasible that is in this situation.

In my opinion, automating loot rolls is great for uncommon items or BoE rares, but BoP stuff should be decided upon by the player. Don't you want to know what dropped without looking at the chat log anyway?
12-15-11, 09:45 PM   #3
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by ForeverTheGM View Post
When the group is fully preformed without the help of the dungeon/raid finder, the loot methods are unrestricted.
Yes, but with guildgroup I mean dungeonfinder group with 5 guildmembers
As far as I know, the only way to get the information you're wanting is to scan the loots' tooltips and I'm not sure how feasible that is in this situation.
I feared you'd say this Hoped there would be an easier way
In my opinion, automating loot rolls is great for uncommon items or BoE rares, but BoP stuff should be decided upon by the player. Don't you want to know what dropped without looking at the chat log anyway?
I try to reduce the incoming information as much as possible when I play wow.
As a tank and healer I need to concentrate on the important stuff Loot windows popping up means I stop looking at whats going on in the 3d environment. And for example still running debuffs that kill players after the boss died are a reason I'd prefer not to see "unimportant" loot that I cant use for improving myself.

In addition I'm a dungeon-only (no raids) player. That means I run many dungeons with guild and friends to help equip them. And there is no loot in the old dungeons and nearly nothing from the new I still need.
12-15-11, 10:39 PM   #4
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
Yes, but with guildgroup I mean dungeonfinder group with 5 guildmembers
If the group is fully preformed, it will let you do whatever you want with the loot. It doesn't matter if you used the dungeon/raid finder to actually get into the instance.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » GetLootRollItemInfo canNeed in a guildgroup