06-27-06, 12:47 AM   #1
Rosemourne
A Defias Bandit
Getting Raid info / ID

I'm programming an addon that works great so far, but I would like to include a failsafe so that it doesn't fire under certain conditions when your target player entered is not in the raid / offline / not in the zone.

I've checked with WoWWiki, but I can't seem to find a good way to determine if the player is in the raid, online and in the zone. Do I have to GetRaidRosterInfo(); and compare the name, zone and online of each of those with a == or ~= value on every RaidID in the raid?

I hope not :X

Last edited by Rosemourne : 06-27-06 at 01:14 AM.
06-27-06, 12:55 AM   #2
Chef_de_Loup
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
for raid you can use
UnitInRaid("target");

For offline status:
UnitIsConnected("target");

for zone i cant find a simple way or function
06-27-06, 01:05 AM   #3
Rosemourne
A Defias Bandit
Ah, thanks. However, it doesn't operate on target. That was a bad way for me to describe that, there. Rather the command works with a name. Such as Litheya or Elsivine.
06-27-06, 12:47 PM   #4
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
For using a name as the identifier, you will have to scan the output of GetRaidRosterInfo() at some point, the question is when. Depending on how often you are calling your lookup function, you can either scan GetRaidRosterInfo() each time you call it, or you can monitor the RAID_ROSTER_UPDATE event and scan GetRaidRosterInfo() each time that event fires and cache the output in a table.

Also, a good function to use is GetNumRaidMembers() which will allow you to only scan the current valid indicies of GetRaidRosterInfo().

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Getting Raid info / ID