07-29-06, 04:59 PM   #1
Onisha
A Defias Bandit
Replacing a sound effect.

Hello,

First of all, I've never tried anything like this apart from altering combat style animations in Dark Age of Camelot, but a friend and I want to replace our paladin's bubble spell sound effect, with the star power up sound effect from Mario. If anybody knows a way to do this, i'd be greatly appreciated! I'm guessing all of the sound files are compacted into one type of data file? That's as far as I got and then I was lost.

Edit: As of now I'm looking in the sounds MPQ packet, but I cannot figure out how to change up the target sound effect with my desired sound effect. (I am using winmpq).

Last edited by Onisha : 07-29-06 at 05:27 PM.
07-29-06, 06:03 PM   #2
Tigon
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I could probably be WAY wrong.. but heres my guess.. Look at the file path that the mpq file says sound is stored in... It should say a path name somewhere in there like Interface\Sounds or whatever...

Once you have that folder name, create that folder if it dosen't already exist.. Now, get the name of the sound file you want to replace.. Then, take the file you want to replace it with and rename it with the original name.. For instance, if the file you want to replace is "MySound1.wav" then name the sound you want to replace it with "MySound1.wav". From there, copy it into the folder you just created and restart WoW...

I can't garuntee that it will work, but it might be worth a shot! =P

Edit: I would check for ya, but I'm on a Mac and I don't know of any applications to view mpq data that are made for Macs =P

Last edited by Tigon : 07-29-06 at 06:13 PM.
07-29-06, 08:26 PM   #3
Onisha
A Defias Bandit
Ok, will try that later tonight, thanks!
07-29-06, 09:04 PM   #4
Onisha
A Defias Bandit
Doesnt seem to work, unless I did it wrong! =p

I have seen mods where upon a certain action, a certain sound effect plays...but I have NO idea how they code it. ( But they dont run through the mpq's to get to it ) Anyone have an idea about that method?

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Replacing a sound effect.