08-16-09, 04:59 AM   #1
Fralendra
A Murloc Raider
A dot timer addon

I am looking for an addon that is able to show me how long are left on my dots I place on the target. I used to use need to know but that's stopped working correctly and Ellipsis or DoT timer is too confusing to configure so if anyone has any suggestions i'd like to know them. Thanks in advance.
08-16-09, 07:13 AM   #2
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Rogue Power Bars (updated on Curseforge), or ElkanosBuffBars are great at this.

RPB -don't let the name fool you, this addon can track any buff/debuff that you want, for you and your target. If it is not included in the RPB database, you can enter the (de)buff via the options. A great perk is that you can choose individual custom colors for everything tracked.

EBB -builds its database from (de)buffs encountered in-game (what I gathered from the week that I used it while RPB was down). Ability to "whitelist" or "blacklist" (de)buffs tracked
08-16-09, 08:16 AM   #3
zero-kill
A Firelord

ClassTimer is what I use, the version here on WoWI is old, thus the link points to Curse.
08-16-09, 09:02 AM   #4
nonameform
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Personally I use EventHorizon. As a shadow priest I find it pretty comfortable to use. It doesn't track your dots in a same way like other addons do, but it displays bars which I find very helpful for keeping my dots on targets and Mind Blast on cooldown. While doing hard modes such as Firefighter it's easier for me to look at those bars and check which ones are empty than to look at some bars with timers on them and try to figure out what exactly has to be done. The downside: you can't track dots on multiple targets, only your current target. Although since on thrash most people use AoE, it's not that important in my opinion.
08-16-09, 09:31 AM   #5
tophero21
A Cliff Giant

however, none of those addons seem to support non-target/focus display.

with a warlock as my main, I use ellipsis and have never had any trouble setting it up - unlock, move the bars where you want them, lock and it should be pretty much set to go.
08-16-09, 10:02 AM   #6
lilsparky
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
for just target and focus, quartz will work.
08-16-09, 12:37 PM   #7
nesnah
A Defias Bandit

Warlock (and other classes) DoT Timer

This is prob the best i have seen. It puts the DoT "on" the target so u know what target has what DoTs

NUG
08-16-09, 02:21 PM   #8
Xus
A Fallenroot Satyr

FX has a nice one. And many other things, but they can be disabled.

I had to
08-17-09, 11:40 AM   #9
ledgekindred
A Murloc Raider
I'm also looking for something to show me the remaining time on my DOTs, but I want it to appear on the button, akin to OmniCC's cooldown display. If you've ever used nUI, that does exactly what I'm talking about. If I cast Corruption on a target, the corruption action button will have a countdown until it runs out so I know when to refresh it just from looking at the button.

I've looked at a dozen or so cooldown timers and lock addons and nUI so far is the only addon that I've seen that does this, but there are a lot of other things about nUI that I'm not a huge fan of, so I don't use it.

And I'm fine if it only shows me cooldowns on the target, I mainly want this for boss encounters where I'm only going to have a single target anyway.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » A dot timer addon