12-23-09, 02:49 AM   #1
slopokidog
A Kobold Labourer
Random dungeon finder view

If there is a mod to view what dungeon your clicking ready to, or a way to make a mod. i have had to wait 15 mins. each time a H HOR has popped up due to the fact i know i cant heal it. tried and fail too many times. i would like to just not take the instance. or have a mod auto-decline runs that i wont be able to heal.

thanks
slow poke

P.S. i dislike healing Occ, so wouldn't mind if that one can be flagged too.
12-23-09, 11:23 AM   #2
Taryble
A Molten Giant

WoW doesn't tell you what dungeon is until it starts loading the dungeon.
I don't think it's even possible to detect it at all.
12-23-09, 11:48 AM   #3
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The only time it gives you the name is when you select from the list which dungeons you want to queue for. I highly doubt they provide the info for which dungeon you randomed before you get in.
12-23-09, 12:52 PM   #4
Paynn
A Fallenroot Satyr

Teleporting in and out

Anybody else unable to teleport in and out using the dungeon finder who is using nUI or Spartan? I like nUI better as it gives CD warnings and builds in Omen and Recount. Wish it could build in Healbot on the right side where omen and recount are. DBM and Decursive fly out over top of HB, which is why I wanted to use a Ui in the first place. As a healer, I have a hard time seeing around the mods and party/raid/map interface without a ui.

Any suggestions would be awesome.
12-23-09, 01:16 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I have replied to one of your many threads already with a link to the healbot plugin query. As to the other problem. What does the button do when not using nUI or SpartanUI in exactly the same situation ?

As far as I was aware the button was just a queue joiner and once everyone was ready it would take you there. My brother uses SpartanUI and has yet to complain of the system not working and he does several random dungeons a day. And I haven't seen any queries from the nUI users regarding this.

I don't claim to understand the new Dungeon system as I have never and will never pug runs. I have always run with friends and guild members. That said, I am sure once people understand your query they will be able to confirm whether or not pressing the button is supposed to teleport you.
12-25-09, 10:40 AM   #6
Manaman
An Aku'mai Servant
Somewhat off topic:

I don't claim to understand the new Dungeon system as I have never and will never pug runs. I have always run with friends and guild members.
You know you are missing out on extra emblems. You don't need to "pug" to use the system. You can Queue up as 5 guildies/friends and do the instance as you normally would, but with the benefit of teleportation in and out of the instance and the 2 frost emblems on the first instance you do, and the 2 extra triumphs on every other one you do. I would suggest you try it out, it is well worth your time, in fact, it saves you time.
12-25-09, 10:49 AM   #7
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Originally Posted by Manaman View Post
Somewhat off topic:

You know you are missing out on extra emblems. You don't need to "pug" to use the system. You can Queue up as 5 guildies/friends and do the instance as you normally would, but with the benefit of teleportation in and out of the instance and the 2 frost emblems on the first instance you do, and the 2 extra triumphs on every other one you do. I would suggest you try it out, it is well worth your time, in fact, it saves you time.
I agree here. While this is your belief, Xrystal, and I respect that, you shouldn't be discouraged by pugs The new Dungeon System is really nice and it is great to run with friends and guildies, but don't make yourself wait for them before you can run instances. The new system is designed with pugs in mind. You get 5% more health, damage, and healing with the new system. Along with that, you can kick any member after around 5min if you feel this person is not participating in the group enough (or whatever the reason might be). At the same time, if a member leaves the party, you can join the queue and almost instantly obtain a new member and have them teleported to the instance immediately. It really is a great system and I hope you try it out

Last edited by Cralor : 12-25-09 at 10:53 AM.
12-25-09, 11:25 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl, its just the way I am. At the moment I'm not even playing wow but even before this new feature I never ran outside of the guild unless other guild members were with me. I play to play with friends, well more specifically my fiance.
12-25-09, 11:41 AM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Manaman View Post
Somewhat off topic:

Gonna agree here. I loath pugs, absolutely loath them, but what I get (embs/loots) from it far outweighs how much I hate it. All in all though I think this LFR deal is the best idea Blizzard has ever came up with. I am finally leveling up my little alts (and thank gawd, gearing them with blues without spending my hard earned gold in the AH!!!), whereas before I had no one to play with at the hours I like to play.

Good job Blizz!!

Edit: I also wanted to add here that it's nice to see these lower level dungeons finally being used for what they were meant to be used for. Groups.
12-25-09, 08:50 PM   #10
zero-kill
A Firelord

Good point Petrah! I for one have tanked through many a dungeon recently with the new randoms, MOST of the time my group is well enough off, other times we wipe - over and over and over and over, the 5th wipe and I have to /quit.
12-25-09, 10:13 PM   #11
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

I wouldn't think there was a way of it knowing.

You can test this of course.

/eventtrace

Que up for a random

Click through to enter and load.

Then check the event trace box for anything about which event gets fired as you go into the dugeon and what data is there.

Rather pointless if it only fires the event after you click to enter already.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
12-28-09, 10:13 PM   #12
Manaman
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Rofl, its just the way I am. At the moment I'm not even playing wow but even before this new feature I never ran outside of the guild unless other guild members were with me. I play to play with friends, well more specifically my fiance.
Doesn't change the fact that you can Queue up with your friends, even a full group of 5 and make use of the benefits it provides, which are numerous. I strongly suggest you use it for all your runs, regardless of who is in your group.
12-28-09, 10:30 PM   #13
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah, I guessed that was functionally possible. And I am sure we will use it to its fullest being a tank/healer combo with several dps buddies we usually don't have a problem getting badge runs together That is of course once we start playing again rofl
01-13-10, 12:01 AM   #14
taurdoc
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Bluspacecow View Post
Rather pointless if it only fires the event after you click to enter already.
The whole point of this new system is to encourage people to do more instances. If people knew what instance they were getting assigned for randoms then people would leave and the remaining party members might not be able to do the instance. This is reinforced with the Deserter debuff.

If you don't want to go to a random dungeon, don't click the random button.

This mod is not possible and Blizzard will not make it possible since it would defeat the purpose of the new LFG system.

True story. Random dungeon is... random.
01-13-10, 12:38 AM   #15
Thander
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by taurdoc View Post
The whole point of this new system is to encourage people to do more instances. If people knew what instance they were getting assigned for randoms then people would leave and the remaining party members might not be able to do the instance. This is reinforced with the Deserter debuff.

If you don't want to go to a random dungeon, don't click the random button.

This mod is not possible and Blizzard will not make it possible since it would defeat the purpose of the new LFG system.

Still, I think they should at least have something where you can't be picked for the same dungeon more than once a day (or have an option to toggle this). No one cares about what dungeon comes up for the most part. It's just when you keep getting the same one over and over, especially went it's a harder one for pugs like the first boss of Azjol-Nerub.
01-13-10, 12:42 PM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
But then it wouldn't really be random.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-13-10, 02:22 PM   #17
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by slopokidog View Post
i have had to wait 15 mins. each time a H HOR has popped up due to the fact i know i cant heal it. tried and fail too many times. i would like to just not take the instance. or have a mod auto-decline runs that i wont be able to heal.
I have noticed that when I queue as DPS, I tend to get easy stuff like AN, but when I queue as healer I tend to get ICC5's (which I can sorta get by in, but not without a few deaths). It's rather unfortunate; I think Blizzard's gear checker just needs to do a better job of checking your role-appropriate gear, and not just everything you own.
01-13-10, 05:44 PM   #18
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It is possible to "game" the system to some extent and some addons have popped up that do it.

You need to get saved to the dungeon you want to avoid and the addon autoextends the lockout so you remain saved to it indefinitely.

It is obviously not fool-proof as the LFD system doesn't respect lockouts 100%
but it does "try" to keep you out of dungeons you've already run.

Your chances of entering said dungeons lessen although they never become 0.
01-15-10, 07:36 AM   #19
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by taurdoc View Post
i actually disagree with calling it random. you may notice that oculus (pre loot improvement) and HoR come up far too often, and there is a reason for this... every time someone quits, the system needs to fill the spot, increasing the demand of that instance. when an instance has a higher demand, you are more likely to get pulled in, so really.... does that count as random?
01-19-10, 08:11 AM   #20
saanlem
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I think that the RDF did indicate which dungeon you were being called to, which was taken out in a fix soon after. I can see Bliz's point of not showing which dungeon, to keep the "random" concept.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Random dungeon finder view