08-21-08, 12:53 AM   #1
Darklord25
A Kobold Labourer
HowTo? Exporting/Externalizing In Game actions or Events

I would like to make (or see) a mod or even script for use in multiboxing which would output actions in the game to third party software outside the game.

For instance rather then have all your function keys bound to your slaves action bar, setup an action bar or other frame with icons/macros/ect that will cause an output to be sent to a third party program which can then broadcast the appropriate keystroke to the slaved instance of WoW.

The trick that's stopping me right now is getting the action (User clicks on macro or frame button) to be visible to a separate program.

Of course if there's a way to make a mod that will respond to an in game message or something and cast the spell that'd be nice but I don't think that's possible with protected functions.

THX in advance for help
08-21-08, 01:28 AM   #2
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can't send information out of the game to program in realtime.
The only way to get information out is to store it as saved variables at logout or ui reload and then have a program parse thru it.

Most multi boxers use Keyclone to share keystrokes between multible game clients.

There are alot more multi boxing information and HowTos on http://www.dual-boxing.com.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » HowTo? Exporting/Externalizing In Game actions or Events