10-31-13, 03:32 PM   #1
Algerhugz
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy Love nUI But...

I just want to say thanks to Scott and everyone else that helps keep nUI Functional while working on the new version. I love nUI I have been using it from just shortly after I started playing wow just shortly after BC was released. However with every new patch coming out I am losing more and more resources which is causing me lag so much so making wow almost unplayable for me... I have tried doing everything I can to minimize the lag. Going as far as even playing on low graphics settings which helped a bit. I am temporally going to have to find a different set up to use The couple things I am really going to miss about nUI, The Player, Party and Raid frames. And the HUD Especially the HUD. Is there a way to make the HUD work as a single addon with out nUI I am assuming no but never hurts to ask, If not can someone recommend a hud that is similar and simple to set up to basically mimic the Player/Target set up of the nUI HUD?

Thanks
Shawn
11-01-13, 11:29 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
BC was released nearly seven years ago. That's like 10 or 11 generations in computer terms. So if you're still running on the same hardware you had then, maybe it's time to upgrade.

If your hardware still meets WoW's recommended capabilities, then hardware should not be the issue. In that case, I don't know what to tell you. nUI should not be killing your online experience if your hardware is adequate.

Before I switched to nUI, I used IceHUD. Not sure, but I think it's still around.
11-01-13, 04:21 PM   #3
Algerhugz
A Murloc Raider
Yeah its not my pc LOL Amd PhenomII 960T 3GHz, 6 gig ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460se 1gig Video card.
nUI not enabled I run 80 to 100 fps... nUI enabled I drop to 40-50 FPS in non busy areas and 25-35 in like org or 2moons... 10m Raids am at like 27 to 30 and 25 man raids I am lucky to hit 17fps and thats with graphic settings turned way way down...

And now since I have stopped using nui I have my graphic settings on High with no modifications to any of the video subsections and still running 80+Fps everywhere.
11-02-13, 07:13 AM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have you tried nUI6? I have seen no resource/performance issues with it that I'm aware of.

nUI5... yeah. I know.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/
11-02-13, 10:03 AM   #5
Algerhugz
A Murloc Raider
Hi Scott,

Yes I have tried several versions of nUI6 and I am loving the concept. I see no performance issues with it and I am waiting for a beta version to come anxiously. And I know with the complexity of nUI it takes time to get it right especially with WOW ever changing and breaking work you already have done. Right now tho with out the slash commands I can't customize it to the way I have been accustomed to with nUI5. I know that slash commands are going to be a thing of the past with nUI 6 and it will be great having a built in gui to adjust settings with. I do download each new version of the Alpha you release to check out the bug fixes or the new additions you get working. I am thinking nUI6 is going to be even more awesome then nUI5 and I am looking forward to the beta and release version. Like I mentioned right now just looking for something temporary to get me to that point. And let me say its not easy finding a replacement and breaking a 6+ year habit. Everyone tells me just go back to the standard bliz ui.... Umm Yeah no thanks... I am spoiled now I was spoiled almost as soon as I started using nUI. As I have said in the past I love nUI and really appreciate all the time and effort spent in producing such a great UI. I have found a temporary fix that makes wow playable again for me but I am still really missing key functions of nUI. It was so nice to have all the info you needed right where you needed it. They Automatic party/raid frames are great. The hud having just the right things you need to know right where you can see them and know whats going on. Anyway the UI setup I have know works but certainly nothing out there could replace nUI for me forever.

Last edited by Algerhugz : 11-02-13 at 10:08 AM.
11-02-13, 02:22 PM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I haven't actually played WoW in almost a year. I do keep updating my addons as they come out, but I haven't even logged in to see if they work. Probably gonna do that soon. It'll be interesting to see how big the explosion is.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » Love nUI But...