06-13-07, 09:28 PM   #1
Vicious_bomber
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Memory hog, need help

So I have gotten my UI to the point that I really like where it is, and I am now trying to cut the overall memory usage of the package. Sitting idle in an in I am getting 120 Meg ussage, and that seems insanly high. I cut all the mods out except Titan and the performance mod and was hitting 7.5 meg. I would like to decrease the usage.

here is what I am running.

Ace 1.4.1
Ace GUI
Alphamap
Arc Hud
Atlas (flight paths disabled)
Atlas loot enhanced
auctioneer- and all associated(stubby, ETC)
Autoprofit V4.5
Bartender3
Bonus Scanner
CT_buff Mod
CT_Core
CT_mail Mod
CT_Map mod
Cycircled
Damage meters
Deposit Box
Detached Mini Map Buttons
Dhask's Flight Map (it has a great plugin to Arc Hud)
Enchantrix
Equip Compare
Gathereer
Item Rack
KLH threat meters
LightHeaded
Niagra
O_glow
OmniCC
Rating Buster
Riccominimap
SCT
SCTD
Simple Combat Log
Titan Panel

Ttian plugins
Ammo
Bag
Clock
Combat Stats
Coords
Emote Menu
Factions
Guild
Honor Marks
Item Bonuses
Item Rack
Loot Type
Money
Performance
Regen
Repair
Rider
XP
Trinket Menu
Vbagnon
Wowecon
X-Perl

So what is the memory hog in here? I loaded mazzleUI to check it out, and saw he had only 34megs running. I feel like I can get this package there too. At least I hope.

One little thing, I hate Fubar. I really want to like it but the fonts and style of the Add on turn me off, bad. I like titans fonts skin and appearance. If you can point me to a skinner for Fubar that will make it look like titan then I'll use it.

Please feel free to make any suggestions that could streamline this package.

oh and for reference here is a pic of my ui: http://www.realmsradio.com/uploads/My UI.jpg
06-13-07, 09:33 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vicious_bomber
So I have gotten my UI to the point that I really like where it is, and I am now trying to cut the overall memory usage of the package. Sitting idle in an in I am getting 120 Meg ussage, and that seems insanly high. I cut all the mods out except Titan and the performance mod and was hitting 7.5 meg. I would like to decrease the usage.

here is what I am running.

Ace 1.4.1
Ace GUI
Alphamap
Arc Hud
Atlas (flight paths disabled)
Atlas loot enhanced
auctioneer- and all associated(stubby, ETC)
Autoprofit V4.5
Bartender3
Bonus Scanner
CT_buff Mod
CT_Core
CT_mail Mod
CT_Map mod
Cycircled
Damage meters
Deposit Box
Detached Mini Map Buttons
Dhask's Flight Map (it has a great plugin to Arc Hud)
Enchantrix
Equip Compare
Gathereer
Item Rack
KLH threat meters
LightHeaded
Niagra
O_glow
OmniCC
Rating Buster
Ricominimap
SCT
SCTD
Simple Combat Log
Titan Panel

Ttian plugins
Ammo
Bag
Clock
Combat Stats
Coords
Emote Menu
Factions
Guild
Honor Marks
Item Bonuses
Item Rack
Loot Type
Money
Performance
Regen
Repair
Rider
XP

Trinket Menu
Vbagnon
Wowecon
X-Perl

So what is the memory hog in here? I loaded mazzleUI to check it out, and saw he had only 34megs running. I feel like I can get this package there too. At least I hope.

One little thing, I hate Fubar. I really want to like it but the fonts and style of the Add on turn me off, bad. I like titans fonts skin and appearance. If you can point me to a skinner for Fubar that will make it look like titan then I'll use it.

Please feel free to make any suggestions that could streamline this package.

oh and for reference here is a pic of my ui: http://www.realmsradio.com/uploads/My UI.jpg

stuff in bold are memory hogs.

Alternatives:
Alphamap - cartographer
Atlas - cartographer instance maps & loot
Auctioneer & it's plug ins - Don't have them on if your not at AH
Gatherer- cartographer & cartographer mining & Herb are good replacements
KLH - Try omen and Threat 1.0
Titan & all it's plugins - Fubar and there replacements for titan's memory hog plug ins

That should help a lot.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-13-07, 09:42 PM   #3
Farook
A Molten Giant

You might switch to Ace2-mods if you wanna cut down memory usage.

Take a look at this, it might help to start with:

http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Ace_Alter..._Common_Addons

Unfortunately, the list is not absolutely "up-to-date" in all cases. But it's a good way to start the "conversion".
06-13-07, 10:03 PM   #4
Vicious_bomber
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde

stuff in bold are memory hogs.

Alternatives:
Alphamap - cartographer
Atlas - cartographer instance maps & loot
Auctioneer & it's plug ins - Don't have them on if your not at AH
Gatherer- cartographer & cartographer mining & Herb are good replacements
KLH - Try omen and Threat 1.0
Titan & all it's plugins - Fubar and there replacements for titan's memory hog plug ins

That should help a lot.
Thats, odd. I traded out Fubar for titan and had the exact same memory usage. BTW is there a skin for fubar to give it the appearance of Titan? Really that is what's holding me back from using it. The fonts are just too....ughhhh. That and the money portion of fubar seems to no like deposit box.

I think I will upgrade to cartographer.
06-13-07, 10:08 PM   #5
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

I don't use Titan myself, so I've never tried emulating the look. However, I know there is a Titan texture for FuBar in TexturesFu, which you can get from http://files.wowace.com/. ClearFont2 will change the font as well.

ClosetGnome, also available from http://files.wowace.com/, could be a lighter-weight replacement for ItemRack. However, it doesn't offer the auto-outfit functionality of ItemRack. (I can't think of a better way to describe it.) I'd go with some of the changes suggested by Dread and see how much or little that lightens it up.
06-13-07, 10:30 PM   #6
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

Originally Posted by Jesamyn
ClearFont2 will change the font as well.
definitely checkout ClearFont2 and its font packs, if the default font is a problem for you. that'll give you a large number of options.

Originally Posted by Jesamyn
ClosetGnome, also available from http://files.wowace.com/, could be a lighter-weight replacement for ItemRack. However, it doesn't offer the auto-outfit functionality of ItemRack. (I can't think of a better way to describe it.) I'd go with some of the changes suggested by Dread and see how much or little that lightens it up.
ClosetGnome Switcher (as well as a couple other CG plugins) will give a few you auto-outfit options. you can also write macros to switch gear sets with CG as well.
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
06-13-07, 11:15 PM   #7
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Follow Dread's suggestions and checkout the Ace2 alternative link. Anything I mention can be found here or at wowace.com unless linked.

For outfit's, I am a longtime user of Outfitter (now Outfitter Updated )after using the original Wardrobe. It's got all the auto-outfit options you could ever want and moderate on memory ( <400 k usually ).

Auctioneer is a pig and KC_Items with Mendeleev and GFW_DisenchantPredictor make great alternative.

CT_MapMod would be replaced by Cart, but the MailMod can be replaced with Postal and some good buffmods are Satrina Buff Frame2 or Buffalo.

06-14-07, 04:18 AM   #8
Diabolique666
An Aku'mai Servant
Auctioner can be replaced by Fence...however it doesnt show you auction prices for items, but it has nice features like auction with single click, split stacks, single price of stacked items etc...If you can live without auction prices (which are inaccurate anyway) you can easy free around 20mb of memory (at least that was my case)..
Enchantrix is also memory eater and could easily be replacer with DisenchantPredictor without any noticable loss
plus you can replace CT_mail with Postal
06-14-07, 07:13 AM   #9
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thats, odd. I traded out Fubar for titan and had the exact same memory usage. BTW is there a skin for fubar to give it the appearance of Titan? Really that is what's holding me back from using it. The fonts are just too....ughhhh. That and the money portion of fubar seems to no like deposit box.

I think I will upgrade to cartographer.

There is a skin for FuBar to look like Titan, it's in FuTextures. I'm using it.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-14-07, 09:26 AM   #10
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

Originally Posted by Diabolique666
Auctioner can be replaced by Fence...however it doesnt show you auction prices for items, but it has nice features like auction with single click, split stacks, single price of stacked items etc...If you can live without auction prices (which are inaccurate anyway) you can easy free around 20mb of memory (at least that was my case)..
while i'm not disagreeing with the fact that Auctioneer is a memory hog, if you simply set it to load only at the AH (or on command) and you use it with something like MCPFu (or UIReloadFu) you can have all of the advantages of Auctioneer without any of the memory issues.

and Auctioneer's prices are only going to be as accurate as the frequency with which you scan the AH. you, of course, still have to use your head when pricing and look at the information it is giving you rather than blindly accepting it's suggested pricing, but i've found Auctioneer to be extremely accurate over time when you perform regular scans. Auctioneer is only a tool....and an exceptionally good one if you use it properly.
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Memory hog, need help