06-16-07, 08:54 PM   #1
nightshifter
A Murloc Raider
Want to customize SCT entering combat msg

Hiyas

I really like having Entering Combat pop up so I know when to look and see if my demon if off fighting something. However I am now using sct instead of blizzard's internal stuff and I get a +combat at the bottom of my screen and a -combat also lol

I tried adding

Code:
[27] = {name="Entering Combat!", search="Entering combat", r=256/256, g=0/256, b=0/256, iscrit=1},
to the config file but it didn't work - not sure what event to search for here. Tried googling and searching the forums but didn't find what I needed.
06-16-07, 11:05 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure I understand what you want. You mention that you do get the "+Combat" and "-Combat" messages. Do you just want to change them to say "Entering Combat" and "Leaving Combat"? If so, you just need to open the "localization.lua" file in the sct folder and find lines 25 and 26:
Code:
SCT.LOCALS.Combat = "+Combat";						-- Message to be displayed when entering combat
SCT.LOCALS.NoCombat = "-Combat";					-- Message to be displayed when leaving combat
And change the messages to what you'd like them to say.

What you tried won't work because there's no "entering combat" message in the combat log.
06-17-07, 05:27 AM   #3
nightshifter
A Murloc Raider
Sorry forgot to put in big shiney letters at the top of my post: I"M A N00B! (lmao i really am - done some other scripting here & there but i am still new and learning.) thanks for the help going to check it out right now.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Want to customize SCT entering combat msg