09-03-17, 02:21 AM   #1
Tactica
Not Amused

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
getting unexplored coordinates for Explorer! pins

I've been away for a few years but before my hiatus from WoW I was able to pull together Explorer! with the assistance of a few people here to help get an updated version of Explorer Coords up and running in order to assist players with obtaining their explorer title and quickly uncover unknown areas of their map throughout the world.

Since I pulled multiple resources together on this project the method of obtaining the actual coordinates from map overlays was never fully conveyed or explained to me as the user who came up with the method lost the script to it and never had the time to figure out how they came up with the pin coordinates. Hence he reason for not the map overlay and coordinates to include WoD exploration before my absence.

In short, I'd like to use a much simpler coordinate based system or other recommended methodology for pulling the coordinates of unexplored areas and achievement criteria however it is my understanding that the file structure has yet again changed thus rendering the original method of extracting map overlays to find unexplored coordinates is now useless for what I am trying to accomplish.

Any suggestions on how I should tackle this pin coordinate problem? Many users liked the addon but since it's missing both WoD and Legion it's got a fraction of user support. I'll be slowly trying to catch up on all the changes over the past few years and a great thanks in advance to anyone who steps in attempting to help with this project!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » getting unexplored coordinates for Explorer! pins