11-29-15, 07:02 PM   #1
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Custom Icons??

Quite some time ago Rythal put the ability to use custom icons into Carbonite. How, exactly, does that work? I'd like to know because I believe I would like to add some custom icons to Carbonite's Notes on the Carbonite maps. Please explain like you are talking to a very young person because, while I am not young (62), I have had some health problems and now my memory is not "up to snuff".

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
11-30-15, 10:30 AM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The custom icons was only for other addons to use, I don't currently have a way to set a custom icon for a note and save it. Limited to just the ones selectable from the notes screen.
11-30-15, 12:12 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
The custom icons was only for other addons to use, I don't currently have a way to set a custom icon for a note and save it. Limited to just the ones selectable from the notes screen.
Thank you, Rythal, for your answer. But ... Your answer made me think (and it hurt) and I was wondering: What would it take to save the icon to a folder in the Notes folder, and have it show up on the map? I'm sorry but I know next to nothing about Lua and, basically, nothing at all about addons. All I've done with Lua is some plug-ins for MinimapButtonFrame and Masque, which is basically just "copy-n-paste" stuff. The most difficult thing, believe it or not, was the graphics. So, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
12-01-15, 10:59 AM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
It would be possible, but would require me to allow text input somewhere, and people would need to know the proper paths to the image they want to be using.
12-01-15, 11:56 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ok, I got it. I'll let it go. Sounds like it's going to take a rewrite of the Notes module to get what I want working. Believe me, it's not worth it.

Thank you Rythal.

12-01-15, 01:37 PM   #6
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
@jeffy162 if you have the icons you want to add and don't mind sharing them with the rest of the Carbonite users I can probably do it for you (will need Rythal approval to add them to the addon). If they are part of the WoW icons it'll be even easier. If not I can probably explain to you what and where to add in order to see them but you'll have to modify the addon each time it is updated.

P.S. I'm currently not playing WoW so I might need help testing the changes. And I'll have to test my theory if they are external files.

Last edited by nelegalno2 : 12-01-15 at 01:42 PM.
12-01-15, 04:44 PM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks, but I'm just going to stick with Carbonite the way it is already. Thank you.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Notes Module » Custom Icons??