09-28-07, 07:46 AM   #1
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bongos...is it salvagable?

The only real showstopping bug at this point is the paging bug in Bongos. With support for the original Bongos long gone, I'm wondering if anyone ripping apart the code has discerned whether the lesser of the evils is fixing Bongos, or porting the Mazzification to Bongos2 (or possibly even another bar mod, though I doubt seriously that would be easier)?
09-28-07, 08:01 AM   #2
Yurlen
Allakhazam EQ2 Staff
I'll be hoping that the next MazzleUI update will simply be an update to Bongos2. I ended up simply scraping Bongos and adding Bongos2 and manually customized the buttons so at least I have a working MazzleUI minus the bar mod. However, I don't expect to run a mazzify anytime soon!

-------------------------------
Retired
Grumnal 70 Hunter - Magtheridon (Horde)
Daywen 70 Druid - Magtheridon (Horde)
09-28-07, 08:23 AM   #3
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Bongos2 won't work with mazzification the way it is coded now. I'm also doubting that Mazzlefizz would want us to edit the code so much that it works with this new version. By doing so we would lose a good bit of functionality from the modified version of bongos. Besides, it's probably possible to fix the paging bug, it'll just take time.
09-28-07, 12:17 PM   #4
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have a dumb question. I don't have my WoW in front of me here, but what happens if you take the spell/action out of button slot 1 / bar 1 (possibly on all pages)? Does it make the rest of the keys do nothing as opposed to what was there, or does the void cause a condition that possibly allows it to work? I'm guessing it won't work, but I'm curious now.
09-28-07, 02:17 PM   #5
Wolfang
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Arkive
I have a dumb question. I don't have my WoW in front of me here, but what happens if you take the spell/action out of button slot 1 / bar 1 (possibly on all pages)? Does it make the rest of the keys do nothing as opposed to what was there, or does the void cause a condition that possibly allows it to work? I'm guessing it won't work, but I'm curious now.

I tried this (removing button from slot 1 page 1) and what it did was simply make nothing happen when I pushed the other buttons. Of my 4 bars, the only buttons that work are on bar 1...anything else simply casts slot 1 bar 1's spell or nothing if that one is blank.

Begging for a solution to this quickly....only seems to happen on my hunter so far, but other characters I play don't have 'stances'

W
09-28-07, 02:53 PM   #6
Silvance
A Murloc Raider
My bongos works fine, what's this paging bug everyone's talking about?
09-28-07, 03:18 PM   #7
Celicos
A Defias Bandit
I have the same problem with my bongos, and its whack. Sometimes Bar 1 will stay with the spells its supposed to have and all the other bars will break. Other times all the bars including the first fill up with 1 spell.
I've had to reset WoW everytime up until last night to bring back my bongos to normal, but you can hold shift and scroll the third mouse button up or down and it will bring back your normal setup. Still annoying that it switches randomly to all Spell 1, but atleast you can scroll back to your original bars. You can also keep scrolling to fill all bars with Spell 1 etc like it was broke, not sure if this helps any deciphering what the problem is :O
09-28-07, 03:56 PM   #8
Wolfang
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Silvance
My bongos works fine, what's this paging bug everyone's talking about?
Seems to be only classes that page with stances. My Hunter has the problem, my pure casters don't.

W
09-28-07, 04:07 PM   #9
Silvance
A Murloc Raider
My Rogue, Druid, and Spriest are having no problems with it though.
09-28-07, 04:16 PM   #10
Celicos
A Defias Bandit
Im a warlock, I dont think its class specific
09-28-07, 04:51 PM   #11
Wolfang
A Theradrim Guardian
Wonder what it is then? My Warlock has no problems or my mage...hunter is buggered up royally.

W

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bongos...is it salvagable?