03-21-09, 11:11 AM   #1
aretziel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Barmod from the olden ...

... days of WoW.

When I played WoW pre-TBC there were this barmod, BibMod I think it was called.

You could add and remove buttons and bars just like the ones today.
But you could expand them to more then 12 buttons and change the size of individual buttons, as of now most barmods seem to only be able to scale the whole bar.

Is this feature removed by blizz? Or is it still possible to change the buttonsize for individual buttons in a bar?

On another sidenote I have some issues with Bartender4 where vehicle buttons and the such donīt seem to work for me. The actionbuttons (hit and heal etc) that replace the regular 1st bar buttons donīt work sometimes.

So I am looking for a good replacer. Ideas?
03-21-09, 12:16 PM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by aretziel View Post
... days of WoW.

When I played WoW pre-TBC there were this barmod, BibMod I think it was called.

You could add and remove buttons and bars just like the ones today.
But you could expand them to more then 12 buttons and change the size of individual buttons, as of now most barmods seem to only be able to scale the whole bar.

Is this feature removed by blizz? Or is it still possible to change the buttonsize for individual buttons in a bar?

On another sidenote I have some issues with Bartender4 where vehicle buttons and the such donīt seem to work for me. The actionbuttons (hit and heal etc) that replace the regular 1st bar buttons donīt work sometimes.

So I am looking for a good replacer. Ideas?
BibMod died around the time of 2.0/BC. There may have been one release after 2.0/BC however for the most part it died. If you are looking for a customizable mod, then look at Macaroon!

In addition Discord Action Bars is still hanging on and can do what you want. Many other bars do not implement their own buttons, rather they use the default Blizzard action bar code (some more than others) which allows for greater compatibility with other mods and less things breaking come Patch Day.

Last edited by Zyonin : 03-21-09 at 12:26 PM.
03-21-09, 01:25 PM   #3
aretziel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Didnīt find Discord Action Bars anywhere ...
03-21-09, 01:55 PM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Didnīt find Discord Action Bars anywhere ...
Discord forums

Just be aware that DAB is a bit old and may have a few old bugs. Discord Action Bars 2 is in development however I have no idea when we will see DAB 2

Last edited by Zyonin : 03-21-09 at 02:00 PM.
03-21-09, 07:59 PM   #5
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Macaroon can do what you want.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]
03-22-09, 06:42 AM   #6
aretziel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Then I will install Macaroon and see. =)

How do Macaroon work with the vehicle bars etc?
Just to ask before I get going on it.

As I use bartender4 now and my issue with it is that the vehicle bar buttons sometime seem to stop working.
03-22-09, 09:23 AM   #7
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Then I will install Macaroon and see. =)

How do Macaroon work with the vehicle bars etc?
Just to ask before I get going on it.

As I use bartender4 now and my issue with it is that the vehicle bar buttons sometime seem to stop working.
Macaroon can be kind of trick with vehicle bars. It does not work straight "out of the box". Since macaroon does not make bars automatically, if you personalize it, you have to assign the buttons you want to change into your vehicle buttons to the proper action ID. Go to the Unofficial Macaroon thread, and read up on it in there. It has step by step instructions on how to assign the proper action ID to your buttons depending on the class you are playing.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Barmod from the olden ...