06-23-07, 05:36 AM   #1
Archanium
A Murloc Raider
eePanels and PitBull

Hey everyone, first of all, thanks for the lovely forum.

Now to my problem..

I'm trying to set up a layout with eePanels, and here i want some dynamic panels for my party and their targets, I've figured out that they're in PitBullCluster2 and PitBullCluster1 respectively, but the problem as far as I can see, is that these clusters aren't created till you join a party or switch the configuration mode of PitBull.

This is quite a problem with eePanels since it only creates the panels on load if they are in it's database. In other words, it can't add the panels to their parents, the two clusters, which do turn out to be quite annoying really, cause if I bind them to the frame again, I'll have to all the panels up again (the ones I modified the parent of).

I really hope that any of you people have a suggestion or a solution to this problem.

Yours Sincerely - Archanium
06-23-07, 08:22 AM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
With Discord Art you can change the parent(s) of each texture. You might want to try that.

You can get Discord Art & the discord Library here

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-23-07, 03:43 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
eePanels allows you to change parents, too. That's what they're trying to do. PitBull's frames are created only when you need them. So, if you're sure you're doing everything correctly and it's not working, then it probably isn't possible atm.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-23-07, 06:03 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I thought i had seen something like this on the eepanels forum. this is a quote from EvilElvis the creator.

The background strata is inherited from the parent. They're always the same (this is how WoW handles it, not eePanels). eePanels overlapping a parent even when it's level is set to 0... I've gone over this before in this thread. This is probably because the parent frame is also set to level 0, so there's a conflict. The eePanel is added to the frame last, and that might be why it's appearing over top of it.
The official thread is located here this is at the point where this is being discussed.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-23-07, 06:29 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, that was in regards to someone's eePanel being above a PitBull frame even though it was set to background strata, I think.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-24-07, 03:25 AM   #6
Archanium
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for all the suggestions and help, but hmm, as far as I can see, it ain't possible..

So, I was wondering, it should be possible to write an addon that makes frames depending on if you're in a party etc. etc.

and then position these frames at the exact same location as the pitbull frames.

I know it's a sluppy way of doing things, but it seems the only solution, then hopefully I can make this same addon, add those pesky "AlwaysUpFrame[i]" around.
06-24-07, 12:33 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You could have the frame show on the event that fires when you join a party and hide on the event that fires when you leave a party. I don't recall the exact names of the events, but it's on wowwiki.

06-24-07, 01:21 PM   #8
Archanium
A Murloc Raider
Thank you Seerah, I'll try to do write something that does this

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » eePanels and PitBull