09-03-07, 10:36 AM   #1
Argusi
A Murloc Raider
Stutter after Mob kill

Awesome UI Mazz! I've been using it for about a month and have it just about where I want it. I haven't found anyone with similar issues on the forum or FAQ, so it's probably a corruption somewhere. I have found an issue that seems to be getting worse. Whenever I kill a Mob, WoW will basically lock up for anywhere between a second and 10-15 seconds. The hang always occurs, but the length of time it happens is random. Once it is over, everything is normal until the next kill. It doesn't affect looting or PVP kills. this has gotten me killed a few times as the mobs don't wait on my UI to free!

It seems there is a database update or something happening at that time. Does anyone know what plugins would be updating on a mob death? Maybe I need to delete a database or disable a mod? I could of course disable them one by one, but I was hoping to see if anyone had any ideas on that as there are a lot of mods in here! Thanks for your help!
09-03-07, 11:17 AM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The most obvious candidate would be whatever damage meter you're running.
09-03-07, 04:53 PM   #3
Argusi
A Murloc Raider
Awesome Mazz. My first thoughts were Omen or KTM but disabling them had no effect. Then I thought of Recount. The stutter went away. Went back to Recap and it's been working great. You rock and it didn't even have anything to do with your compilation! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Hope this helps someone else too...
09-04-07, 01:51 AM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In all fairness, it was probably just the way you had recount set up. You can probably get rid of the stutter if you configured it to collect/analyze less combat data.
09-04-07, 11:35 AM   #5
Argusi
A Murloc Raider
Yeah, I had cut back time to keep data to an hour. Even freshly pruned, it would still stutter a bit. It may be a DB corruption or the build, because I don't think it was doing it before.

I don't mean to insinuate that ReCount is a bad mod. I've been in the technology field long enough to keep objective and I know things aren't always what they seem. I figure it is probably environmental, but I just don't have time to figure out what's up with my system right now. I will go back to it, because I like it... Kudos, Mazzlefizz!

Last edited by Argusi : 09-04-07 at 04:16 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Stutter after Mob kill