09-03-12, 03:42 PM   #341
nightshade00013
An Aku'mai Servant
Great Work

I have used the carbonite addon since BC and I have always recommended it to friends since it was very easy for them to use. With them not getting the ball rolling and updating things I stated looking around and found this. It's great to have it working again and should you decide to rebuild/recreate the addon I support you fully!

09-03-12, 04:01 PM   #342
ssquared
A Murloc Raider
OK I might be really stupid but I don't know how to use this temp-patch. I tried adding it to my inteface-> addons and it didn't seem to do anything. Do I have to do something extra? I've never done anything besides the carboniteaddon.com webpage or through curse so I'm used to the folder switcharoo. Any help for the idiot newb?

BTW - you rock for coming out with this, even if I don't know how to do it.

09-03-12, 05:42 PM   #343
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by ssquared View Post
OK I might be really stupid but I don't know how to use this temp-patch. I tried adding it to my inteface-> addons and it didn't seem to do anything. Do I have to do something extra? I've never done anything besides the carboniteaddon.com webpage or through curse so I'm used to the folder switcharoo. Any help for the idiot newb?

BTW - you rock for coming out with this, even if I don't know how to do it.

They get extracted into the Carbonite folder inside /interface/addons/ - they will replace some files that are already there

09-03-12, 11:05 PM   #344
Bhootam
A Murloc Raider
Donations to Rythal

Hey Rythal,

Is there some way we can donate to you ?

09-04-12, 12:06 AM   #345
SPark6
A Defias Bandit
Not sure if its been mentioned, but I have noticed that the tomtom feature of this new carbonite doesn't work properly. Just thought I would let people know any maybe the one who been fixing carb can do something about this.

09-04-12, 04:19 AM   #346
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
5.04.06 Is now uploaded!

Whats new:
- Chinese & Italian translations, Chinese is only partially translated but does work
- MOP BETA: Pandaria maps should be working 100% on all 3 levels.

If anyone has beta access please test this release! I only have 85's transferred so couldn't fly to test every zone. I did a test by running from jade forest to stormstout brewery (entered it to test instances) in valley of four winds then down to krasarang wilds, and everything appeared fine to me but definately need others to try it.

I will say blizzards quest POI's really do stink badly :/ but it does use them in pandaria until we get better ones.

As of this release i'm including the folder Carbonite, then the 3 files inside that folder since 90% of the trouble people are having is putting the files in the wrong folder.

09-04-12, 04:20 AM   #347
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by SPark6 View Post
Not sure if its been mentioned, but I have noticed that the tomtom feature of this new carbonite doesn't work properly. Just thought I would let people know any maybe the one who been fixing carb can do something about this.
Doesn't work in what way?

09-04-12, 12:06 PM   #348
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
5.04.06 Is now uploaded!

Whats new:
- Chinese & Italian translations, Chinese is only partially translated but does work
- MOP BETA: Pandaria maps should be working 100% on all 3 levels.

If anyone has beta access please test this release! I only have 85's transferred so couldn't fly to test every zone. I did a test by running from jade forest to stormstout brewery (entered it to test instances) in valley of four winds then down to krasarang wilds, and everything appeared fine to me but definately need others to try it.

I will say blizzards quest POI's really do stink badly :/ but it does use them in pandaria until we get better ones.

As of this release i'm including the folder Carbonite, then the 3 files inside that folder since 90% of the trouble people are having is putting the files in the wrong folder.
I've been using Rythal's "New" page which I thought was the newly recommended page to follow. I posted a reply on that page today (8/4/12) about the latest release (carbonite-mop-50406.zip) and its new addition of the "Carbonite" folder being added. See my post on that other page: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...&postcount=243

It may cause more problems with users not being able to put the 2 files in the correct place, than it solves.

09-04-12, 03:12 PM   #349
kasth
A Murloc Raider
pt-BR localization

Hey Rythal, very good work taking care of carbonite.
You can take a look in the attached file in this post for a pt-BR localization (by BispoSnake).
ty bro
Attached Files
File Type: zip Localization_with_ptBR.zip (58.9 KB, 462 views)

09-04-12, 04:53 PM   #350
willownikki
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
Add me to the heap, MoP = donation.
same here. i miss carbonite

09-04-12, 07:24 PM   #351
Bear069.geo
A Kobold Labourer
Rythal, I forgot how difficult WoW is without carbonit, I am glad to see your version to help fill the void of a lack of official updates to it. Keep up the good work on it. 1 question: Is there any official word about a new official update yet?

09-04-12, 09:49 PM   #352
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
New version is up, check the other post.

09-04-12, 09:49 PM   #353
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Bear069.geo View Post
Rythal, I forgot how difficult WoW is without carbonit, I am glad to see your version to help fill the void of a lack of official updates to it. Keep up the good work on it. 1 question: Is there any official word about a new official update yet?
Nope, i'm just as in the dark as you guys... have not heard a word.

09-05-12, 01:04 AM   #354
damager55
A Defias Bandit
Rythal thanks your a life saver my wife loves u for the fix to lol keep up the good work

09-06-12, 03:34 AM   #355
lkj61
A Defias Bandit

Rythal, thank you so very much for making Carbonite work for all of us again. I'm directionally challenged, and playing w/o Carbonite just took so much out of the game for me. Thank you again!

09-08-12, 08:34 AM   #356
Malan
A Defias Bandit
There is a new version of Carbonite available now....too bad it doesn't work. No donations from me until it does. The fan update works perfectly though. Maybe they should hire Rythal, lol.

09-08-12, 12:23 PM   #357
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Malan View Post
There is a new version of Carbonite available now....too bad it doesn't work. No donations from me until it does. The fan update works perfectly though. Maybe they should hire Rythal, lol.
If I may ask, where, exactly, did you get this "new version of Carbonite" from?

The ONLY official Carbonite downloads are on "carboniteaddon.com", "wowinterface.com", and "curse.com", and if you choose to download from "carboniteaddon.com", it does an automatic redirect to the Carbonite download/information page on "wowinterface.com".

ALL of those sites list Carbonite 4.301, released on May 6, 2012, as the latest version of Carbonite available.

Fortunately for us (the people that use Carbonite), though, Rythal (a Carbonite user) has been giving his time and energy to do a "fan update" of Carbonite until (or maybe "if") the Carbonite devs can get an "official" update out. Thanks, Rythal, you are helping make WoW more enjoyable (read: easier (at least for me)) to play.

So, TL;DR: If you installed Carbonite from any of the listed sites, you didn't get an update- just the Carbonite you already had installed. The only update is in a thread on the Carbonite forums and it's by a fan named Rythal.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-08-12, 12:42 PM   #358
milz2
A Defias Bandit
Check out Rythals fan update, its awesome and well appreciated by the community.

http://virtxchange.com/carbonite/

thats the page he has set up to publish this fan update to the community.

THANK YOU!

09-09-12, 01:45 PM   #359
TigerBoi77
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy Any Word Yet???

I know there is an updated version by Ry (great job but there are some things that I am having issues with it), but I am having some frame rate problems with it. Has any of the Devs even said anything other then we been busy with real life work? Also, how many people have donated to them to do this addon? I mean, really, I was going to make a donation but if they are not going to make any updates where is everyone's money going to? Have they returned what they have been given as donation to fix this specific addon?

I can do without if that is what I have to, but I enjoy the addon a lot and hate to have to dump it. Its not that hard to load up a web site and drop a note to people whom might or might not have donated to this cause. To ignore customers is just bad business even if the addon is free......

09-09-12, 10:29 PM   #360
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by TigerBoi77 View Post
Have they returned what they have been given as donation to fix this specific addon?

I can do without if that is what I have to, but I enjoy the addon a lot and hate to have to dump it. Its not that hard to load up a web site and drop a note to people whom might or might not have donated to this cause. To ignore customers is just bad business even if the addon is free......
First of all, you are donating out of "the kindness of your own heart" not to get them to update or make an addon for you - that would be paying someone for a job and against Blizzard ToS. You could even donate for all the fond memories and great work they have done in the past (I know I have). They are not ignoring customers, because there are no customers or clients. We are all users of a freeware software. Unfortunately for you, Blizzard has banned "the add on business". So do yourself, and a lot of other people a favor and stop demanding. Be happy that Rythal has picked up and done what amazing job he has, I still haven't downloaded it yet, but I'm going on lots of other peoples words. I'm awaiting Carbonite response and Blizzard to go through this beta phase to really play and worry about addons.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Will Carbonite be updated for MOP?