12-31-15, 11:51 PM   #1
EvilMaddness
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Things I would like to do if I had the know how

I would like to take the meters from the add-on ButtonTimers ( Which is on curse ) and have it work for bartender somehow. Cause ButtonTimers doesn't work with Masque so it takes the fun out of having them as action bars. Otherwise it would be a awesome add-on if it had the options like bartender has.

For those's who don't know ButtonTimers is a add-on that has up to 128 buttons total like bartender has and when you click on the button or your own action bars like on bartender or Dominos a meter will show up for that spell along with color changing and other options. So it's not a bad add-on it just could be a lot better then it is right now.

If ButtonTimers had all thoses options though like bartender has plus what's in ButtonTimers already it would make a awesome add-on for making custom U.I's or for action bars in general.

So If any of you lua programmers know how to make this kinda stuff happen please check out the ButtonTImers add-on to see what I'm talking about. Cause I know my idea for the add-on would be awesome to have in wow. Thanks for reading!
01-01-16, 08:40 AM   #2
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Though I am not offering to take up those reigns I have some recommendations that might help you in the interim.

Personally I use AdiButtonAuras to track auras I have cast. Otherwise, to achieve your desired feature for use with any action bar, I recommend WeakAuras 2 alongside your choice of action bar addon. In fact, I very well may use a similar fashion in my own UI which utilizes the feature to flash a frame when the aura is near expiration or expired.
01-01-16, 09:34 AM   #3
EvilMaddness
An Aku'mai Servant

Re: AdiButtonAuras

Hey Jeruku I too use WeakAuras2. It's a very handy add-on with more options on it then most players know how to use. It's great for tweaking out another add-on just enough to help you finish whatever your trying to complete. I checked out AdiButtonAuras and it looks like a great add-on. If there were progress bars for it instead of the buttons It would be a add-on I could really use. Tell Me When uses bars, icons, ect with all the cooldown / color coded options you need but it's not that easy to use the custom interface options on it. When I watch youtube videos of TMW add-on guide they make it seem easy which is true if your using the add-on while watching the video at the same time. I donno maybe it's just me.

Right now I'm using WeakAuras2 for the custom bar meters that I made for my spells. That's why I was also talking about ButtonTimers cause if it had more options I would be using it instead of the ones I made from scratch. It had everything I needed if only it worked with Masque and was user friendly like bartender 4 is. Since it's not I can't use it either.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Things I would like to do if I had the know how