06-07-09, 06:37 AM   #1
Jagodragon
A Defias Bandit
Question Tips from the pros?

Hello,

I have dabbled a bit in programming and feel i could contribute a bit but i don't really know how to get started.

I was hoping to see if i could write a code that allowed this to communicate with curse.com, i saw no problems with this as i have a log in and am a payed subscriber. But, i have no idea where to start...... or possible an app that allowed you to point specific addons to different urls... again, i am lost as to how this would be accomplished....

if some one has a script that could get me started or has started on either of theses paths them selves could help me get started i am eager to learn and hungry for knowledge

i am NOT looking to "steal" any ones work or pawn it off as my own if it works, i believe in giving credit where credit is due it's only right.

but a helping hand for some one very eager to learn and get started would be greatly appreciated
06-07-09, 06:43 AM   #2
Jagodragon
A Defias Bandit
OOPS I FORGOT /FACE sorry

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE APP

just was hoping to make it the ONLY one i needed

I think it has the potential to be FAR better then the current curse client (Which i think is the best "non beta" addon software out there)

Great job on the foundation!!!! I can't wait to see where you take it. (wheather i am able to contribute or not)

Sincerely...i meen it....AWSOME piece of work
06-07-09, 11:53 AM   #3
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
At some point I intend to post my "test module" which does nothing more but simulate updating by having a little timer for downloads and searches, etc. This should essentially be a full-featured module that does absolutely nothing to help you out.

Until then, in this forum you'll find a sticky with the API. It runs you through the boilerplate stuff you need to set up, and then at the bottom it has your javadocs for services. What you need to do:

1. Implement an OSGi BundleActivator. This is somewhat similar to your application-style main() method. This will be called when your module is initialized. (This process is described in the sticky.)

2. Implement the services you want. I kept the naming convention the same, so that anything ending in "Service" is what you should really be looking at to implement. The rest of it is stuff that those services will need to use (such as parameters, etc.) You will probably want to start by implementing an UpdateService(). You will see enumerateItems() in there which is how you're going to identify what you're going to upload/download (and then take it from there to Uploadable or Updatable, respectively)

3. In your BundleActivator's start() method, register the services you have created. I have an example of that posted in the sticky at the top of this forum.

After you've registered with felix, Minion will be able to detect you and you will get your own tab, etc.

Hope that gets you started for now.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
06-07-09, 02:16 PM   #4
Jagodragon
A Defias Bandit
Thank you

Thank you

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Tips from the pros?