06-26-19, 05:57 AM   #1
Opula
A Defias Bandit
MoveAnything?

Morning folks!

So with the restricted frames changes in 8.2, MoveAnything has lost its marbles for me, even after a clean install. Is there another addon that provides the functionality I'm looking for? Specifically I used it to move the center screen CC notification to sit atop my player frame, and I moved the quest talking head from its original position.
06-26-19, 09:30 AM   #2
LudiusMaximus
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't quite understand. Are you saying "CC notification" and "quest talking head" have become restricted frames and therefore cannot be moved any more?

The only info on restricted frames I could find is this blue post.

Which part of this says that restricted frames cannot be moved?
And where would we get a complete list of restricted frames (other than the mentioned Nameplates)?

For testing it would be good to have a restricted frame that is constantly visible, unlike "CC notification" and "quest talking head".
06-26-19, 09:52 AM   #3
Opula
A Defias Bandit
You probably don't understand because my explanation wasn't really grounded in a knowledge of the addon itself and so, was bad.

MoveAnything is broken as a byproduct of the changes to which frames are now restricted. Specifically I get an error in relation to the mover it creates for the main action bar as it's not allowed to be anchored the way it's currently written. The mention of the quest talking head and the CC frame are just me saying "This is what I was actually using the addon for" so is there something else that exists I can use instead.
06-26-19, 10:38 AM   #4
LudiusMaximus
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ah, now I see what you mean. Thanks for the clarification.

I use Bartender4 to move the ActionBar, which is actually not the original ActionBar but Bartender4's copy of it.

All the other frames I move with MoveAnything are obviously not restricted.
Sorry that I cannot be of any more help here.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » MoveAnything?