01-31-10, 10:45 PM   #1
ManaCrevice
A Kobold Labourer
Working on a Battleground/Arena Addon. Need some help with events and commands

So right now I'm trying to make my first add-on that functions with Battlegrounds and Arenas. I'm hoping to do specific kinds of things when something important happens, but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how I should utilize the Events for my purposes.

-Is there any way to check and see how much time there is left before a BG/Arena starts or ends? I think I could maybe exploit GetBattlefieldInstanceRunTime() but I'd need information about how long the 'preparation' time is from when the BG is created to when it starts.

-Is there an way to somehow exploit the events so the add-on knows when there are specific changes in the BG(Flag picked up/captured, control points being taken)? The only way I think I can do it right now is to use CHAT_MSG_BG_SYSTEM_... and try and parse the message sent.

If anyone has any suggestions or help it would be very much appreciated.
01-31-10, 11:12 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can take a look at how other addons do it. SSPVP3, Capping, Deadly Boss Mods... These should all have something for you learn from in their code.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Working on a Battleground/Arena Addon. Need some help with events and commands