07-15-10, 11:21 AM   #1
Brazek
A Defias Bandit
Chat tabs are disappearing

I don't use prat or anything other than recount and omen with Nui and im using ur current release version. And everytime i relog it continues to delete all of my chat tabs exluding general chat. Is there a fix for this out or coming?

07-15-10, 11:28 AM   #2
Brazek
A Defias Bandit
Ok, now i found the little tab to switch, but how do i edit them now? i like to just be able to click them, is that an option i can turn on or off?

07-15-10, 03:10 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Guys, Scott is actually out on site working so he himself has limited time to test and figure out these problems. If they are resolvable with a fix they will get done but maybe not before he gets back from his time away.

Have you both tried rolling back to the previous version of nUI in the mean time or was that badly broken for you too ? If that worked fine carry on using the old one until the problem can be resolved.

I'll try and spend some time looking into what may have changed in nUI to cause this to happen as I am getting this problem myself. It's annoying for me but not a game killer.

If you need to keep the latest version of nUI just remember to reloadui whenever you log in until it can be resolved.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

07-15-10, 03:22 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, I think I know the cause of the disappearing tabs bug:

Line 133 or thereabouts of ChatFrame.lua in nUI's Integration folder has the following line:
for i=1, NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS * 2 do

I simply changed that back to what it was before
for i=1, NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS do

And the tabs came back.

Scott, I assume that was to get the BattleNet conversations working which are NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS+x window numbers but I believe blizz does something special with them that messes non conversation windows up or so it seems.

Characters:

07-17-10, 05:41 PM   #5
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
I was having the same problem. I changed the code at line 133 as noted in Xrystal's post, but that didn't fix it for me.

07-17-10, 05:51 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, then as I thought possibly something else is causing problems. I don't use RealID myself so that may be a factor in finding a solution.

Characters:

07-17-10, 05:55 PM   #7
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
I found another occurrence at line 416. I changed it there too, but still no change.

07-17-10, 05:59 PM   #8
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
I'm not using RealID either. I disable all addons except nUI, and still no tabs.

/nui rl still fixes it though.

You sure you didn't change any other code along the way to get yours working?

07-18-10, 09:04 AM   #9
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I'm going to try and find this today... unfortunately, I'm dealing with a bit of a family crisis (my ex -- youngest daughter's Mom -- is in the hospital) so I'm not sure if I'm going to get enough time free to sort it out or not. I'm looking for the cause, just can't reproduce the problem.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

07-18-10, 09:47 AM   #10
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
(my ex -- youngest daughter's Mom -- is in the hospital)
Family first.

Good luck to all of you.

07-19-10, 06:24 AM   #11
Telepavarion
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I have the Problem the other way around. There are displaying Chat tabs which I don't use. Maybe because I use Prat.

I go a little bit more in my Chat interface.

After the Update to 3.3.5 and Updating to nUI 5.06.27 (or 26) I have many Problems on my Main, so I decide to delete the Chat configuration, after that I getting back the 4 using Chatframes:
* The normal one
*As a Tab beside the normal one the PVP named Channel where Whispers and Battle.net conversation are displaying
* A second normal one (because of the Chat_Infopanel_Plugin)
* A Whisper Chat Window in which only the old whispers are displaying

On my Twink, the PVP window never appears or I have some Problems up to nUI 5.06.29 . Since this Update also with a try of downgrade I never get the Problem away that there are displaying Chat windows from 4 to 7. I have to close them.

On my newest Twink which exist since 5 Day's I discover something the same as on my Main, but I see, that the "Chat 4" Window WoW use is the PVP Window. It doesn't get that name, but I behave like it.

The Problem with the displaying Chat windows doesn't get cool with a RL, because in the chat conf they are marked as show = 0.

I think nUI has to grab them, because Prat doesn't know that they exist.

To the think with the Battle.net Chat, I tried it one time and the is going an extra window as tab beside the normal chat window.

So as I have 3 RL-ID friends (cool word, I have more than three) I can test everything you want to know. I have some skills in programming languages. (PHP5 with OOP i really knowing good and in C++ I can write function, but doesn't have any Idea how to make a program executable for an OS). So if you write me, which part of the Code I should comment or looking what's on if I chaining there something I really can do this for you, maybe I have an idea and want to playing around in the code a little bit and discover something cool.

But do this if you have time.

Best wishes for your family and you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

07-23-10, 04:22 PM   #12
Xegony42
A Defias Bandit
I see the author is having a bit of family hardship and I hope things are getting better! Has anyone found a fix for this problem yet?

07-23-10, 06:38 PM   #13
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I appreciate the kind word... Jen is still in the hospital and has been for over a week now... she's having some serious liver issues and we still don't have any answers I'm afraid.

07-23-10, 11:33 PM   #14
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Oy. Sorry for the bad news, Scott. Hope everything comes out okay.

07-23-10, 11:54 PM   #15
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

You and your family are in our hearts and prayers, Scott.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

07-24-10, 05:53 PM   #16
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
Hope family is doing better Scott.

A new twist to the problem...

I'm having this problem on my main toon. I've tried disabling everything except nUI and it is still there. Today I logged over to my bank alt, and his chat tabs are unaffected. Logged back to my main toon and problem is still there.

I could blow out and do a clean install again, but then I have to reset all my settings for all my addons. UGH

So if someone else if having this problem and doesn't mind going back to square one...

07-26-10, 08:57 PM   #17
Deimous
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I hope all is going well over there, always sucks when family is in a rough spot. I just wanted to report that I'm having the same issues described here. I had thought it was prat for the longest time, as soon after I upgraded prat (and nui) I had this issue. Then I disabled prat, and it seemed to go away, but maybe it was a fluke...

Now, just testing it out, only NUI was enabled, and the issue was there when I logged in to any toon. A simple /reload fixed it, but that was really annoying. Going to try what Xrystal mentioned above to see if it helps.

07-27-10, 04:00 AM   #18
timtheenchan
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by reddrumjay View Post
Hope family is doing better Scott.

A new twist to the problem...

I'm having this problem on my main toon. I've tried disabling everything except nUI and it is still there. Today I logged over to my bank alt, and his chat tabs are unaffected. Logged back to my main toon and problem is still there.

I could blow out and do a clean install again, but then I have to reset all my settings for all my addons. UGH

So if someone else if having this problem and doesn't mind going back to square one...
Hope the family is getting better.

I am just reporting the same problem as Red.
One toon the chat fram is fine and working.
On another toon all the tabs except general have gone, and the the little drop down icon on the rhs of chat windows has gone.
Currently i am on RealId, and the latest nui+

07-27-10, 05:03 AM   #19
spiel2001
nUI's Author

If you exit WoW and rename your [ World of Warcraft > WTF ] to [ World of Warcraft > WTF.saved ] then log back in, does anything change?

PS: Thanks for asking about the family. It's been very hard but things are improving. Sam's Mom was let out of the hospital and back home, but still recovering and likely going to have surgery later this week. It's been especially hard on Sam... she's only 12 and lost her Grandmother to cancer very recently... they were exceptionally close and her Mom being sick has hit far too close to home for her. But, there's light at the end of the tunnel and her Mom will be fine.

07-27-10, 05:35 AM   #20
timtheenchan
A Murloc Raider
No diff to the chat only the general tab, and no little button. A reset of the chat windows brought the combat tab over but no trade.

need to revert back now looked too weird.

Hope everyone gets better..

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Chat tabs are disappearing