01-14-11, 10:09 PM   #1
Hammerofdawn
A Murloc Raider
Unheard of Lag

I don't know if others are having this problem, but when I join large raids (25-40) I get a MAJOR FPS spike... I usually run at 55-100 fps but when I join the raid, I go down to 10-20 max. I notice that NUI is using almost 60mb of memory?!?!?!

what's going on here...

01-15-11, 12:54 AM   #2
Dramber
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21716

The instructions in the FAQ above may help. However, it is known that there is an FPS leak in the aura displays for nUI5 which is a large part of why the re-write for nUI6. I might suggest you try the nUI6 Alpha and see if it helps your frame rates, as well.

-Napoleon Dynamage

01-15-11, 01:52 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
And for the memory. Unless you are running the bare minimum RAM 60mb shouldn't be of any concern. So far as i know its not going to effect FPS under the same conditions.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

01-15-11, 09:43 PM   #4
Hammerofdawn
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
And for the memory. Unless you are running the bare minimum RAM 60mb shouldn't be of any concern. So far as i know its not going to effect FPS under the same conditions.
I have 12gb of ram so I don't think thats a problem :P

Originally Posted by Dramber View Post
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21716

The instructions in the FAQ above may help. However, it is known that there is an FPS leak in the aura displays for nUI5 which is a large part of why the re-write for nUI6. I might suggest you try the nUI6 Alpha and see if it helps your frame rates, as well.
Thanks, I'm going to give Nui6 a little more time then use that.

Last edited by Hammerofdawn : 01-15-11 at 09:45 PM.

01-17-11, 10:42 AM   #5
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Are you using nUI5 or nUI6? If you are in 5 then I can pretty much say that is where your problem lies. I was having really bad lag spikes in nUI5, and Scott was very aware of this, but with nUI6 just around the corner, rather than try to fix it there, he is pretty much rewriting it in nUI6 to not have those issues.

I have yet to be in a 10-man or higher group yet with nUI6, but from what I've seen so far, the problem is fixed in nUI6. I have almost no lag spikes or fps drops at all now that I am using nUI6.

If you are using nUI6 and still having these issues I would try to get Scott any info you can so that he can look into it and see if there is something going on in the nUI6 frames.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Unheard of Lag