02-09-11, 08:22 PM   #1
Huatar
A Defias Bandit
nUI Action Bar Customization

Hi, there.

My playing style usually calls for me to have my main action bars in a 4x3 (Four columns, three rows) and 3x4 grids - solely for the reason that I play with a Belkin n52te Game Pad and a Razer Naga, and all of my abilities are macro'd onto specific keys that I bound to the game pad and the mouse. Is there a way that you can implement some sort of feature where we can fully customize the way our Action Bars look without completely destroying the overall look of nUI?

I was actually thinking of using Bartender alongside it, but I was hoping to suggest implementing something like Bartender into this addon.

nUI is a great addon. I really love using it, but using the action bars as they are, is really confusing.

02-09-11, 08:45 PM   #2
Quellarras
A Defias Bandit
I use a Razor Naga as well and have bound one of the 2 inner bars in the center to the buttons on it (my numpad as I have it set). It doesn't matter where the buttons are positioned; all that matters is that you have the right ones hotkeyed they way you want them to be. Give it a shot!

02-09-11, 10:33 PM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can also edit [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > nUI_Layout_Default_Dashboard.lua ] and scroll down until you find ["nUI_ActionBar"] =

Change rows = 1 and cols = 12 to rows = 3 and cols = 4 for the main action bar as well as the top left and top right bar then save the file.

Now log in to WoW and enter the world. Use the command '/nui movers' to unlock the movers and drag your three main bars to be side by side with the left bar on the left side, main bar in the center and right bar on the right side. Use '/nui movers' again to lock them back down and you should be all set.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

02-10-11, 04:06 AM   #4
Huatar
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
You can also edit [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > nUI_Layout_Default_Dashboard.lua ] and scroll down until you find ["nUI_ActionBar"] =

Change rows = 1 and cols = 12 to rows = 3 and cols = 4 for the main action bar as well as the top left and top right bar then save the file.

Now log in to WoW and enter the world. Use the command '/nui movers' to unlock the movers and drag your three main bars to be side by side with the left bar on the left side, main bar in the center and right bar on the right side. Use '/nui movers' again to lock them back down and you should be all set.
Ahhh, there we go. Thank you so much.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » nUI Action Bar Customization