06-20-08, 09:01 AM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MazzleUI 1.18 (docevl patched) posted

DocEvl continues to pump out bug fixes! It should be available for download.

I am certain this is incomplete list, but here's what I had put down for the list of fixes:

Changes from 1.17
- Fixed Petbar not showing up in bongos1
- Added HitsMode mazzification
- Added selection of Omen2 and Recount into Mazzifier
- Raid Icons now show up for Raid Leaders and Assistants in the target box
- Fixed the bars/spell placement as well as class addon loading for non English female characters.

Changes from 1.15
- Replaced SuperInspect with Examiner
- Updated addon database
- Added some user-submitted skins
- Fixed aggro notification setting
06-20-08, 09:33 AM   #2
bbowen87
A Defias Bandit
Now is there a way to have the pet bar in place of the main action bar like it used to, or is that functionality gone?

When I did Chess, the 4 actions just showed up in a tiny square on the left on my action bars, is there any way so it will replace the main action bar so it will already be hotkeyed with 1-6, to make teron gorefiend 10x easier?
06-20-08, 10:24 AM   #3
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by bbowen87 View Post
Now is there a way to have the pet bar in place of the main action bar like it used to, or is that functionality gone?

When I did Chess, the 4 actions just showed up in a tiny square on the left on my action bars, is there any way so it will replace the main action bar so it will already be hotkeyed with 1-6, to make teron gorefiend 10x easier?
That will not work until bongos3 is integrated.

06-20-08, 10:36 AM   #4
Dredlock
An Aku'mai Servant
Bongos 3 is no longer supported by Tuller. He has a new mod called Dominoes which is really quite nice. Might wanna look at scrapping the bongos 3 integration and going with Dominoes.
06-20-08, 10:45 AM   #5
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Dredlock View Post
Bongos 3 is no longer supported by Tuller. He has a new mod called Dominoes which is really quite nice. Might wanna look at scrapping the bongos 3 integration and going with Dominoes.
I'm using Dominoes, works good, no probs at all
06-20-08, 11:44 AM   #6
Balthazaer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
it's called Dominos guys

quote from Tuller :

I have written a new action bar addon, called Dominos, and am no longer supporting this one. Please feel free to try it out, along with Trinity Bars, and Bartender3

link :

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/13016/
07-08-08, 10:12 AM   #7
RedbullVDK
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
bar swap issue

Doc, great job getting all these fixed, thanks. On the next roll out can you add the fix to the bar swapping issue that has been around for a while. It happens whenever you stance dance on a warrior or SS with a druid. There have been some posts on it. I'm sure you can find the fix easy enough.

Other than that and chrono, i think most everything is working like a champ.

again great job and thanks.
07-08-08, 01:27 PM   #8
mrs8joker1988
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ok guys, I need some help. My husband still uses Mazzle but I haven't installed any of the updates that have been out for him for quite some time because he hates for me to mess with things that aren't broken so I have no idea which version he's currently using.

I would like to install the new version for him to fix all the minor things. I know before you had to install the basic Mazzle and then a few other fixes for it all to work right, does that still apply to this one or can I just download this and everything be fine? Also, will he have to redo his bar layouts? He spends a good 30 minutes customizing his bars and I would hate for him to have to do it all over.

Thanks in advance for your help!
07-08-08, 02:57 PM   #9
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by mrs8joker1988 View Post
Ok guys, I need some help. My husband still uses Mazzle but I haven't installed any of the updates that have been out for him for quite some time because he hates for me to mess with things that aren't broken so I have no idea which version he's currently using.

I would like to install the new version for him to fix all the minor things. I know before you had to install the basic Mazzle and then a few other fixes for it all to work right, does that still apply to this one or can I just download this and everything be fine? Also, will he have to redo his bar layouts? He spends a good 30 minutes customizing his bars and I would hate for him to have to do it all over.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Step 1: Delete his Interface folder.
Step 2: Install This
Step 3: Copy These files and folders over.
Step 4: ?????
Step 5: Profit!

07-09-08, 01:46 AM   #10
Raegormar
A Fallenroot Satyr
If you really want to be sure you don't mess things up.

1) Copy the entire wow folder and name that folder wowtest for example.
2) Delete wtf and the interface\addons folder (or only the addons folder as I did without any problems)
3) install the new core pack (copy the AddOns section into the interface\AddOns folder)
4) Install the latest addonpack.
5) Locate the Wow.exe in the wowtest (or whatver name you gave the folder) folder, and make a shortcut. Place it on the desktop and change the name of the shortcut to for instance Wow test.
6) Run wow and do a /mazzify (to update all settings, altough it looks ok this has to be done)
7) Exit wow and run the Wow Ace updater. I do this after all settings have been done, just to make sure that an update of any addon doesn't mess up the mazzify.

This seems a bit lengthy road, but it will absolutely do the trick. Because you work with a separate folder, he can always revert back to his old wow version, as it isn't being tampered with.

Presto! Hubby happy
07-09-08, 11:30 AM   #11
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Raegormar View Post
If you really want to be sure you don't mess things up.

1) Copy the entire wow folder and name that folder wowtest for example.
2) Delete wtf and the interface\addons folder (or only the addons folder as I did without any problems)
3) install the new core pack (copy the AddOns section into the interface\AddOns folder)
4) Install the latest addonpack.
5) Locate the Wow.exe in the wowtest (or whatver name you gave the folder) folder, and make a shortcut. Place it on the desktop and change the name of the shortcut to for instance Wow test.
6) Run wow and do a /mazzify (to update all settings, altough it looks ok this has to be done)
7) Exit wow and run the Wow Ace updater. I do this after all settings have been done, just to make sure that an update of any addon doesn't mess up the mazzify.

This seems a bit lengthy road, but it will absolutely do the trick. Because you work with a separate folder, he can always revert back to his old wow version, as it isn't being tampered with.

Presto! Hubby happy
Personally, I would not recommend that process to anyone. Add-ons cannot change anything that is not in your WTF folder. What's in the interface folder will only change when you place add-ons into there or run some sort of updater. Those are the only two folders you really need to backup, if you're worried.

Duplicating your entire WoW directory is complete overkill. People would probably be more likely to have an issue trying to do that or restoring the mega-copy than they would avoiding a problem with installing add-ons.

07-09-08, 12:59 PM   #12
Spikelops
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Blu_Haze View Post
Step 1: Delete his Interface folder.
Step 2: Install This
Step 3: Copy These files and folders over.
Step 4: ?????
Step 5: Profit!
sorry maybe I'm messing something up, I've never had an issue before until today, I've done the exact above and its still saying MazzleUI has "Dependencies Missing"
07-09-08, 02:38 PM   #13
Raegormar
A Fallenroot Satyr
I keep a separate copy of Wow on 2 different (physical) drives even. 1 drive dies, I still don't have to reinstall wow. (which kinda sux monkey balls if you have the cd version). I use one as a test version to goof around with. No restore needed. But that's personal of course. (and yes backup of wtf and addon folder is sufficient)
07-09-08, 03:34 PM   #14
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Or you could do as i did - copy the contents of every CD into a folder on the computer, and when done burn it with your favourite burningsoft ware - or make it into an iso fole and mount it using Daemon or Alchohol 120%

That way you end up with 1 DVD/ISO file, and doesent have to change discs or anything - then it's just downloading the 57 petabytes of updates for wow

/Smirge
07-09-08, 03:37 PM   #15
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Spikelops View Post
sorry maybe I'm messing something up, I've never had an issue before until today, I've done the exact above and its still saying MazzleUI has "Dependencies Missing"
Did you enable out of date addons? To do this click the "Addons" button at the character select screen, and check the box for this at the top of that window.

Have you attempted to update anything with automatic tools such as JWoWUpdater or WAU? I know in the past there has been a problem with these replacing some of the libraries that MazzleUI needs to run properly.

Did you make sure to install both the MazzleUI Core, and the updated addons package from DocEvl?

Are you running any addons other than what was included in those two zip files? If so, remove them and see if that fixes it.

If all else fails, you can always simply delete both the Interface, and the WTF folder and reinstall both zip files that I linked above. I didn't recommend deleting the WTF earlier because that would mean you lose all saved data related to your addons. However this can sometimes be necessary to get rid of corrupt data that's preventing the UI from operating correctly.

07-10-08, 02:29 AM   #16
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Fixed aggro notification setting
Well.. no. Does work sometimes (screen gets red), but most of the time not!

Any help/solution? (Nothing in my bugsack)

As a Tank I would love to have this back!
07-11-08, 12:19 PM   #17
Klindel
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Umm I'm not sure about the "Core" pack anymore. If you try a fresh install (delete your old interface folder) and extract the current core to the right place you get dependencies as missing, even with out of date addons enabled. You need the addon pack for Mazzle to run correctly. Isn't the purpose of the "core" to be a self contained download? I suggest whatever is missing from the core should be added there and removed from the addon pack
07-11-08, 04:18 PM   #18
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Klindel View Post
Umm I'm not sure about the "Core" pack anymore. If you try a fresh install (delete your old interface folder) and extract the current core to the right place you get dependencies as missing, even with out of date addons enabled. You need the addon pack for Mazzle to run correctly. Isn't the purpose of the "core" to be a self contained download? I suggest whatever is missing from the core should be added there and removed from the addon pack
As they're named, that would make sense I suppose. However, this isn't the case. MazzleUI was once upon a time released in one large zip file. There were no separate zip files. This however was also when Mazzle was still working on the UI, and he has since left the game. Because of this, the core files can be thought of as addons that were either specifically written by Mazzle for this UI, or addons that have been heavily modified in order to function the way MazzleUI needs them to.

You still need the other addons that are listed as dependencies though, however they're included in the other zip because they are most likely un-modified and need to be updated regularly. This way if there's a 3rd party addon not written or modified by Mazzle that needs to be updated (such as Ace2 or discord), they can simply release just the addons zip instead of both the addons and the core. Makes it easier.

The required dependencies are: Ace2, Babble-2.2, LibBanzai-2.0, Metrognome, DiscordUnitFrames, RosterLib.

And the optionals are: FuBar, FuBarPlugin-2.0, RosterLib, MobHealth, sRaidFrames

Last edited by Blu_Haze : 07-11-08 at 04:20 PM.
07-11-08, 06:30 PM   #19
Gorator
A Defias Bandit
Itīs where better then u do the WTF in the pack. Thx

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI 1.18 (docevl patched) posted