07-09-08, 10:18 PM   #1
Ashriel
A Defias Bandit
Discord errors

While in Shat the other day, my internet connection went out and I got DC'd from the server. When I was able to get back online, my UI had changed a bit, and my unit frames looked like this:

My buffs, target, and personal unit frames have all vanished, moved, or been replaced. It's impossible to see what's going on, and the Mazz3D characters are all squashed as you can see. I've troubleshot this for hours, trying beta versions of mods and replacing files from multiple archived zips here in WoWI, but nothing has helped. I even deleted my Interface folder and started fresh, but that did nothing either. I've gone through the forums but haven't seen any other problems like mine - maybe I overlooked something, but I doubt it. Any help is appreciated.

On a side note, the quest text overlaid on the bottom has been there for a while. It's out of the way, but still irritating, but I can't figure out how to get rid of it either.

Also, BugSack does not report any errors.
07-10-08, 12:36 AM   #2
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You could try and renaming your WTF folder to WTF_OLD or something then log back in and mazzify ?

If that doesent do the trick, try getting the update pack 1.31 and extract the discord folders from there and replace the ones in your addons folder with them.

The text over the minimap is Quest Helper - a simple /qh track should disable it

/Smirge
07-10-08, 12:45 AM   #3
Maddot
A Fallenroot Satyr
That text in your mini map is from quest helper. Type /qh track to remove it.

Your issue has been brought up and can be found here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16660
07-10-08, 01:39 AM   #4
Ashriel
A Defias Bandit
Smirge - I had tried your method, but the WTF folder didn't change anything. Your quest text tip did, though, and I'm back to normal now ^_^ thanks a ton, I thought it was the default quest tracker and try as I might, I couldn't disable it.

Maddot - Now it looks like I'm the only one who didn't know about the QH command. And alas, there were threads already here -_- Well, I did a forum search for "discord" and found so many pages that I only browsed through about 4 of them before giving up. I'm glad you knew better than I did though, and the instructions in the post fixed me right up. You're the man.

Thanks for setting me straight guys.
07-10-08, 06:32 PM   #5
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
i couldnt quite read of your post if you fixed the discord or not

If not - try downloading the core pack and extract the discord libraries into your addons folder - overwriting the old ones - then remazzify and lets hear if that fixed it ?

/Smirge
07-10-08, 06:37 PM   #6
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I haven't used discord since development from Laz stopped. And I'm not too sure how it is integrated in Mazzle but can't you just type /duf to open the Discord Unit Frames options and somewhere in there find a way to move the 3D images?

Are the 3D portraits even done by Discord ... now that I think about it I don't believe they where .. I use adapt for my 3D portraits now.

The squishiness happens when they are trying to be forced of the edge of the screen .. or something to that effect.

Last edited by Sepioth : 07-10-08 at 06:43 PM.
07-11-08, 01:43 AM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just re-mazzify Discord Unit Frames.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Discord errors