06-05-11, 10:14 PM   #1
feraldrood
A Theradrim Guardian

Angry Chat font trouble

Hey forum...ers

Problem: chat font is tagged to be outlined/monochromed with the code below in the lua of a font changing addon dubbed "Tekticles" (not sure if the problem is originating from said addon). When various panels, such as the guild frame or the proffesion frame or any addon configuration frame- the outlinemonochrome on the chat simply goes away, leaving a shadowless pixelfont which is incredibly hard to read.

I have no idea why the font seems to be resetting or ignoring the commands from tekticles. could be due to another addon im using "Aurora"

ChatFrame1:SetShadowColor(0, 0, 0, 0) -- 4th arg is alpha
ChatFrame1:SetShadowOffset(0, 0) -- x, y
ChatFrame1:SetSpacing(2)

ANy help you folks could give would be very very much appreciated. I'm pretty lost on this one.

Last edited by feraldrood : 06-05-11 at 10:37 PM. Reason: obnoxious all caps title :3
06-06-11, 12:31 AM   #2
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by feraldrood View Post
Hey forum...ers

Problem: chat font is tagged to be outlined/monochromed with the code below in the lua of a font changing addon dubbed "Tekticles" (not sure if the problem is originating from said addon). When various panels, such as the guild frame or the proffesion frame or any addon configuration frame- the outlinemonochrome on the chat simply goes away, leaving a shadowless pixelfont which is incredibly hard to read.

I have no idea why the font seems to be resetting or ignoring the commands from tekticles. could be due to another addon im using "Aurora"

ChatFrame1:SetShadowColor(0, 0, 0, 0) -- 4th arg is alpha
ChatFrame1:SetShadowOffset(0, 0) -- x, y
ChatFrame1:SetSpacing(2)

ANy help you folks could give would be very very much appreciated. I'm pretty lost on this one.
This code is not itself doing the outlining (just hides shadow & increases line spacing for ChatFrame1). If you could provide your tekticles lua we can probably work it out (also a list of running addons is helpful).
06-06-11, 01:46 AM   #3
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Code:
FontInstance:SetFont("font",size,["flags"])
so

Code:
ChatFrame1:SetFont("Fonts\\FRIZQT__.ttf", 11, "OUTLINE, MONOCHROME")
Believe FRIZQT__.ttf is the normal chat font. Could be wrong.

If you are using an addon for the actual font, your addon should change it even with this code; since font addons normally overwrite them anyway. But the monochrome should stay. I use prat all the time, and never had a problem with aurora with it. Might just be tekticles?

EDIT: I am now A Rage Talon Dragon Guard, RAWR :>

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 06-06-11 at 01:55 AM.
06-06-11, 02:34 AM   #4
feraldrood
A Theradrim Guardian

two things:

1. aprikot; sorry for dumb thread lol- was stupid problem I was *accidentally* reapplying the normal game font in the lua. thus ignoring my font tags

2. lily u know whats up: lol soo much better than the long code i was using, plus my code didn't include the outline :3 /headesk

ty guys. prob le fixed
06-06-11, 02:40 AM   #5
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by feraldrood View Post
two things:

1. aprikot; sorry for dumb thread lol- was stupid problem I was *accidentally* reapplying the normal game font in the lua. thus ignoring my font tags

2. lily u know whats up: lol soo much better than the long code i was using, plus my code didn't include the outline :3 /headesk

ty guys. prob le fixed
Glad to hear it glad I was able to help (I think).

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah
06-06-11, 11:11 AM   #6
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Believe FRIZQT__.ttf is the normal chat font. Could be wrong.

If you are using an addon for the actual font, your addon should change it even with this code; since font addons normally overwrite them anyway. But the monochrome should stay. I use prat all the time, and never had a problem with aurora with it. Might just be tekticles?

EDIT: I am now A Rage Talon Dragon Guard, RAWR :>
Arialn is chat iirc. Grats on ARTDG ...inc Firelord

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » "OUTLINEMONOCHROME" chat trouble