03-13-07, 04:57 PM   #1
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation !!StandAloneLibraries

Can I please get some help with using the stand alone libraries with my ace addons, I can't seem to get it to work correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
03-13-07, 05:47 PM   #2
KyesaRRi
A Cyclonian

I guess you have downloaded it with the winace updater correct?
If so there is an included readme called "README-BAT-FILES.txt" its a bit outdated tho.
From the Readme:

If you install this folder into your Interface\Addons directory, you can run the batch file install.bat to move all the folders out of this directory and into the main addo directory.
If you need to remove them for some reason you can run uninstall.bat, and it will move all the folders back into this directory.
From what i remember, you run createdirs.bat then makefilelist.bat then install.bat
After that run winace updater, select all of your addons and check them out WITHOUT externals.

Hope this helps / makes sense.

"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success"
"I know I'm not dreaming now because i know what its like to be in a dream... Dreaming lets me know reality exists"

Last edited by KyesaRRi : 03-13-07 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Formatting
03-13-07, 05:56 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...alonelibraries
Post #10 is what helped me figure it out.

- Download !!!StandaloneLibraries from http://www.wowace.com/files

- Install it in your Addons directory like you would an addon

- Download WoW Ace Updater from http://wowace.com/wiki/WinAceUpdater (read that Wiki page, too - it'll help you understand what you're doing)

- Run WAU (make a backup of your Interface folder just in case you want to revert, or in case you have made personal changes to some of your Ace addons that will be updated)

- Go to the options in WAU - you are going to want to change it so that it 1. Skips version checks (meaning it will update all of your addons available from wowace) and 2. Deletes files before updating (meaning it will be a new, clean install)

- Now, go to File -> Update all Installed Addons (default is that they will be downloaded without externals - ie, no embedded libs)

- Watch the magic

After you're finished you may go back to the options and change those settings back if you wish to.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-13-07, 07:27 PM   #4
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by KyesaRRi
I guess you have downloaded it with the winace updater correct?
If so there is an included readme called "README-BAT-FILES.txt" its a bit outdated tho.
From the Readme:

From what i remember, you run createdirs.bat then makefilelist.bat then install.bat
After that run winace updater, select all of your addons and check them out WITHOUT externals.

Hope this helps / makes sense.

The version I have doesn't have a createdirs.bat

could anyone give me a step by step instruction how how to do this?

03-13-07, 07:37 PM   #5
KyesaRRi
A Cyclonian

I made a fresh /wow/interface/addons/ placed !!!StandaloneLibraries in the DIR and updated it using WAU. It automaticly created all of the standalone Libs without me having to run any batch files.

I attached the lastest Standalone Libs to my post
Attached Files
File Type: zip Standalone.zip (1.12 MB, 818 views)

"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success"
"I know I'm not dreaming now because i know what its like to be in a dream... Dreaming lets me know reality exists"
03-13-07, 09:17 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Thargos
The version I have doesn't have a createdirs.bat

could anyone give me a step by step instruction how how to do this?
See my post.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-13-07, 09:25 PM   #7
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah
See my post.
do i need to run any of the .bat files?

03-13-07, 09:37 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
nope

(too short :P )

03-13-07, 09:39 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
EDIT: and since you'll be having WAU deleting files before updating, all of the embedded libs will be gone and you'll have a nice, clean AddOns folder with only one version of each lib.

03-13-07, 09:43 PM   #10
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

alright, WoW is acting wierd, i keep getting ialmdd5.dll errors, so I updated my graphics card drivers and it's fine with no addons, but with addons i get the error. Got to figure out what addon it is. I'll do it in the morning.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » !!StandAloneLibraries