Silvanas
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Indeed Awsome but my addon needs a scroll frame lol
08-30-06, 11:40 PM   #3
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I haven't gotten around to developing a good designer for a ScrollFrame object. It all depends on what you want to incorporate inside the frame, just placing a ScrollFrame in a skin and not having any way to define the ScrollChild element in a controlled manner isn't very helpful. My initial aims were to define components like ListBoxes and ComboBoxes that would allow basic scrolling text displays, with some extensable mechanism for the OwnerDraw concept (so they can display whatever you want), but I haven't got to that yet, and my Lua is still weak.

The reason I don't allow the inherits attribute is because that could bring in all manner of frames that cannot be controlled/designed and would likely not be displayed correctly. It may be alright, but it may not be too. You can define a component in a skin that inherits any frame, and you can place properties and behaviours to define how it is designed.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » ScrollFrame , inherits