12-13-05, 05:20 PM   #1
Eyes in the Dark
A Kobold Labourer
For a Tank

Hi

As a tank I was wondering if there is a mod about that lets me see roughly how much aggro I have gained on a monster so I know when to let others know they can attack. I know there is target of target, but that only helps when I loose the aggro
12-13-05, 05:36 PM   #2
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There isn't. Threat/aggro is hidden from mods and so far no approximations have come close.
12-13-05, 08:38 PM   #3
Rowne
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not something I'd want to do (too many projects) but ...

I bet you could do it with UNIT_COMBAT, base it off a successful strikes system where the AddOn watches for X successful strikes on an opponent and then lets the party know it's okay to attack. I wouldn't mind betting that the aggro-buildup is based off of successful strikes in some manner anyhow, as it seems to be an internal "threat" meter. The AI doesn't seem all that complex, the first action is to go for the lowest level member as they make an easy target but as their (as Gello mentioned) hidden threat guage rises, they switch their priority to their attacker.

What we really need is to write a proc AddOn and have people do kiting and see how many successful strikes, per level, versus level it takes against a mob for the mob to not switch targets. If we can figure out the calculations going on there, I'm betting we could approximate the internal threat guage pretty damned well.

Short: Tolerance FTW?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » For a Tank