07-14-08, 04:36 AM   #1
guykeren3
A Murloc Raider
Need help with my action bar ( Spell bar )

Hey, Im a level 70 mage and im looking for an easy bar that will make me cast better in pvp.. Now I have the Dominos addon but I dont like it so much because i cant put any of the bars in a different angle and my chat is beeing blocked by it.. Thanks for helping.
07-14-08, 07:23 AM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is no bar that will make you cast better in PvP. But you could use a cast bar addon with latency like quartz to make you be more efficient when casting spells.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-14-08, 08:44 AM   #3
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
There is no bar that will make you cast better in PvP. But you could use a cast bar addon with latency like quartz to make you be more efficient when casting spells.
Not really spamming the spell works just as well.
07-14-08, 11:02 AM   #4
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Very few addons will make you "better" at PvP. I think action bars, in fact, can make a big difference if you set it up correctly. If your only complaint with Dominos is that you can't change the angle of the bars, try Bongos or Trinity (Trinity is a little harder to get used to, though).

Dominos looks very clean and functional, I don't know what you don't like about it other than it's in the wrong place. Personally, I use Trinity. Regardless, what I think is most important in an actionbar mod is the ability to bind buttons to your spells.

My setup is that I have a Logitech mouse with 8 buttons on it, which have been configured to emulate pressing the buttons 1-8 on my keyboard. Then I use combinations of Ctrl, Alt, and Shift with the numbers 1-8 to create a quick way to cast any spell without moving my left hand off of it's comfortable position on the WASD keys.

Good luck.
07-14-08, 11:29 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If you go into Interface Options and find Dominos on the AddOns tab, you can put the addon into Configuration Mode. This lets you move the bars wherever you like them, and also gives the config frame for a bar when you right-click one.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-14-08, 11:51 AM   #6
guykeren3
A Murloc Raider
Yeah I know that option.. Maybe I just dont have a good spell configuration.. Thanks for your help guy's.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need help with my action bar ( Spell bar )