08-31-06, 03:22 AM   #1
thaarl
A Murloc Raider
Form seems to be empty

Hi,

i had saved my form, rebooted my pc an restartet wowuidesigner.
If i now click on the form in the project explorer, it ask me to select default or basic skin.

i opened the xml file with notepad and it seems to be ok. (all xml infos saved in file, i had compared it with a new created xml file and can't find anything wrong)

i'm using the newest version (.9)

and now the question: =)

is there a way to recover the form(s)? (other forms also lost)

greethings,

thaarl

ps: great tool =)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Overview.zip (2.9 KB, 726 views)

Last edited by thaarl : 08-31-06 at 03:35 AM.
08-31-06, 05:15 PM   #2
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Arrow

Hi Thaarl,

The file seems to be fine by itself (just opening it with File | Open...) so I would guess that your project file is incorrect. Can you verify that the toc file is referencing the correct file name, and that the file is in the right directory etc...

Thanks
Nulk
09-01-06, 02:11 AM   #3
thaarl
A Murloc Raider
Good morning & thx for reply =)

The toc file is correct,
i think its something strange with the xml file, because i can't open it as single file (skin dialog appears) and can't get it work in a new, clean project. (skin dialog appears).

solved the problem, i installed version 300.3 (opened the xml file without any errors).
1 button was empty (but in the property box was text). i deleted the button, saved the xml and reinstalled 300.9. Now it works =)

the button's name ist $parentButton1.. checked it twice, the button was the problem.

maybe that helps you =)

greetings,

thaarl
09-04-06, 03:58 AM   #4
Errant
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I seem to be getting the same error, though I made sure to change the design name of all the buttons I placed to something other than $parentbutton. Anything else I could try? I can't seem to find any of the earlier releases to test whether the new version is the issue, so hopefully there's something I can do on my end to fix things. If it's any importance, I'm using XP Pro, Service Pack 2, all the relevent windows updates installed.
09-04-06, 04:39 AM   #5
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am unsure as to why you guys are having problems while testing it on my machine is ok (maybe try a complete installation directory wipe and reinstall). You can get the archive versions of the software from http://www.wowinterface.com/download..._Designer.html, there is a list below all the description text.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Form seems to be empty