05-19-09, 03:14 PM   #1341
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
This is it all in a nutshell. Decisions have been made. They were not knee-jerk reactions regardless of what people (on both sides) will choose to assume. Unless someone can come up with truly compelling reasons in either case, you will not convince the entrenched folks on either side to change their stances. Its much like debating politics. And we all know how those conversations turn out.

Time to accept the situation for what it is, make personal adjustments and move on.
Quoting this from another thread, as it fits perfectly. Just let it die already, dayum. The only purpose this thread could possibly have, by now, is if someone new, or WowMatrix themselves, decided to ask questions or give an effort in participation.

The horse is very dead, not much remains of the horse, bury the damn horse already. Please.
05-19-09, 04:26 PM   #1342
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Jalandar View Post
There was never any doubt of which side you were on from the start....
I'm amazed by that. When I first arrived here, I was on WM's side, and I was doing some research because I wanted to understand the situation better. Answers I was getting both here and from WM led me to the conclusions I've drawn. At one point, I was resigned to using WoWI as an option because my first choice was being kicked in the bullocks. Now that I have no devotion to WM whatsoever, I've picked a side. Perhaps I haven't been as transparent about that as I thought I was.

WM cannot stop you from sharing information they shared with you absent them making you sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Sorry, but this just doesn't sound at all believable or credible.
Originally Posted by honem View Post
They can't but they can still pursue legal action. Wheter they have a solid legal reason to pursue legal action is another matter entirely (eg defamation)
Not likely. The downside is way too big if the lawsuit is determined to be a SLAPP (Strategic lawsuit against public participation). Just ask Barbra Streisand, who got hit with a SLAPP ruling for her attempt to file a frivilous 50 million dollar lawsuit against an environmental group in an effort to force them to give in to her demands rather than fight her.
Unlike the situation with the Streisand case, I don't have the money for a lawyer, and if they did push the defamation of character button, I'd lose. If I could say more, what I have to say might pass the smell test. Unfortunately, you get to remain in skepticism, and I have to let you.

Now, all of that said, in response to your personal situation, let me express my empathy. I sincerely hope that you find work, or that your situation improves. I think everyone here knows people who are also having a tough time in these present circumstances, and I sincerely hope that they get better for you, and for everyone else they are impacting (including myself, but not to the degree they are effecting you).
Thank you for your support and your encouragement. I really do appreciate it. /hug

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
The horse is very dead, not much remains of the horse, bury the damn horse already. Please.
My combat log on this thread reads as follows:
Originally Posted by us2006027321's Combat Log
You cast [Beat] on Horse.
Horse resisted your [Beat]. Target is dead.

Last edited by us2006027321 : 05-19-09 at 04:31 PM.
05-19-09, 05:26 PM   #1343
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The horse is not dead, it's just evade bugged. Isn't that obvious by now?
05-19-09, 06:08 PM   #1344
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tekkub View Post
The horse is not dead, it's just evade bugged. Isn't that obvious by now?
No, it's dead. Loot lag ftl.
05-19-09, 06:13 PM   #1345
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

If it was dead, no one would be able to attack it. They can attack it, but the attacks have no effect. Therefore, it must be evade bugged.
05-19-09, 06:15 PM   #1346
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
Unlike the situation with the Streisand case, I don't have the money for a lawyer, and if they did push the defamation of character button, I'd lose. If I could say more, what I have to say might pass the smell test. Unfortunately, you get to remain in skepticism, and I have to let you.
Although indirect I think this says a lot for wowmatrix's "character"

On the one side you have Wowinterface and Curse both of whom talk and discuss things with anyone who would ask them things free of charge or persecution.

Then you have Wowmatrix who when asked a few questions for an article by an enterprising young lad threaten legal action.

Right.

Now who would you trust ?
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
05-19-09, 06:22 PM   #1347
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

So why the error messages?

"Target is dead"
"You can't do that yet"
"Target invalid"

I see a lot of attempts to attack, but according to those errors, the horse is indeed dead.

Soon, the loot lag will subside and purplez will be distributed. I'm just hoping for slow respawns.
05-19-09, 07:03 PM   #1348
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

So why the error messages?

"Target is dead"
"You can't do that yet"
"Target invalid"

I see a lot of attempts to attack, but according to those errors, the horse is indeed dead.

Soon, the loot lag will subside and purplez will be distributed. I'm just hoping for slow respawns.
This horse only drops one epic: WoWUIMinion.

I should note that there isn't going to be a respawn. This is a one time event raid, not a repeatable raid. When it's done, you even get an achievement for completing it!

05-20-09, 12:39 AM   #1349
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

This horse only drops one epic: WoWUIMinion.

I should note that there isn't going to be a respawn. This is a one time event raid, not a repeatable raid. When it's done, you even get an achievement for completing it!
/roll

DAMMIT!!!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
05-20-09, 01:31 AM   #1350
Starfury
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
/roll

DAMMIT!!!
Luckily for you it is tagged as Party loot!
05-20-09, 01:35 AM   #1351
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Starfury View Post
Luckily for you it is tagged as Party loot!
Oh, thank God! I would've hated to be the only one who didn't get it!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
05-20-09, 06:43 PM   #1352
Jalandar
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by honem View Post
Then you have Wowmatrix who when asked a few questions for an article by an enterprising young lad threaten legal action.

Right.

Now who would you trust ?
See, this is my problem. He never said they threatened legal action, he simply threw some vague comments out there, and let people like you draw that conclusion, without having to make the claim himself.

I highly doubt they made the threat, and if they did, he should say flat out they did. If they in fact did that, then I'm totally on his side on this, and will retract my earlier comments entirely, and it will have a big impact on my opinion of them.
05-20-09, 07:11 PM   #1353
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

See, this is my problem. He never said they threatened legal action, he simply threw some vague comments out there, and let people like you draw that conclusion, without having to make the claim himself.
If I'm really concerned about having been threatened with legal action, do you think I'd come straight out and say so? I'm not legally responsible for conclusions you draw. I'm only liable for things I say.

Give me the credit due my intellect. (I'm not offended or anything; I'm just asking for the benefit of the doubt.)

05-20-09, 07:36 PM   #1354
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm now curious how WowMatrix would react, if someone took their code and used it for ad profits.

05-20-09, 07:46 PM   #1355
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

I'm now curious how WowMatrix would react, if someone took their code and used it for ad profits.

/chant

Do it... Do it... Do it... Do it... Do it...

05-20-09, 08:00 PM   #1356
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

What? No one here has their code. I have no idea what you're talking about.
05-20-09, 08:10 PM   #1357
Jalandar
A Cliff Giant
If I'm really concerned about having been threatened with legal action, do you think I'd come straight out and say so? I'm not legally responsible for conclusions you draw. I'm only liable for things I say.
Well, then we are pretty much at a draw here. You won't elaborate, only make vague implications, which can't then be either refuted or validated.

The only intelligent conclusion one can then draw is that no legal threat occurred, absent any evidence to say otherwise.

Making vague comments and insinuations, unfortunately, makes it appear that an attempt at character assassination is being made. How can they defend against something you aren't coming out and stating has happened?

We have to simply take your word for it (well not even your word, just your vague insinuations)?

And that's why I have to stick by my original conclusion, that I have to take your entire prior post regarding why you won't post as sounding rather fishy and, frankly, unlikely.

Even if you have emails from them telling you they don't want you to repeat any of it, that does not create any legal obligation to you not to repeat it (absent a SIGNED NDA). You could send me an email with big letters on the first line "DO NOT DISSEMINATE OR DISCLOSE TO ANY THIRD PARTY" and I still have the full legal right to publish that email in its entirety. Just like if you and I were having a voice conversation in person, and I was secretly recording it, even if you told me to keep it between us, I could publish and release that recording, because I was a party to the discourse (it would not be the case if I were not a party to the discourse, but was recording it, unless any one of the parties knew I was doing it and gave me explicit permission to do so).

All of this made even more unlikely because people have said much much worse about WM, and they have not made a single legal threat against any of those people who have engaged in slanderous behavior.

In any event, that's all besides the point, as you have clearly decided to imply they threatened you with legal action to silence you, without coming out and actually stating it, and you have decided not to disclose what you claim they have told you (which again, I find highly unlikely still because nearly everyone else I have heard from, including a blogger from WoWInsider, have said they have never replied to their inquiries, so why would they reply to you and not them?).

I just find the entire scenario to be very unbelievable and unplausible.
05-20-09, 08:52 PM   #1358
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tekkub View Post
What? No one here has their code. I have no idea what you're talking about.
/chant

Do it... Do it... Do it... Do it... Do it...
If I were a programmer, I would definitely do it.

Reasons.
1) I believe in the eye for an eye mentality.
1.a) To watch them squirm when users turn their back on WM because they threaten a C&D, or hand out a C&D, for the same crap they have been doing from day friggin one.

Edit: I'm also NOT suggesting anyone else do it. I do not want to see anyone threatened by, or pursued by legal action... even though it would please me greatly to see WM given a blow of retribution.
Edit: I'm also NOT suggesting that anyone else should do it. Although, it would please me greatly for reasons 1 and 1.a above, I don't wish to see anyone threatened by legal action, or pursued by legal action.

2) Because I could.

3) See 2

In normal situations, with normal 'people', I would not consider being scrupulous enough to do something against my beliefs, such as killing, cutting off a limb, or even copyright violation. But WM has proven to fall outside of the norm, and I would not feel a shiver of remorse from taking their code, altering for my own (or a charity's) benefit, and releasing it at large.

If I were capable, hell yeah, I'd do it. But I'm not.

Last edited by Yhor : 05-20-09 at 09:38 PM. Reason: My edit is not sticking, /cry
05-20-09, 09:44 PM   #1359
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Please let's not get into discussion of committing illegal activities, shall we?
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
05-20-09, 09:54 PM   #1360
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Please let's not get into discussion of committing illegal activities, shall we?
I tried to edit, but it did not stick .

I don't wish for anyone to actually -do- what was mentioned above, as I'd not be happy if something -I- said provoked someone into doing something that could, and probably would be pursued by legal action against them. So please, do not take what I said as a suggestion, it was NOT intended to be.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » WoWInterface and Curse working together to help protect authors and other site-users