09-02-06, 03:10 AM   #1
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
"Damage Meter lookalike" post 1.12

is there already an addon out there that tracks damage/heal using the new adon sync channel in 1.12 ?

all tracking addons of this kind (recap, damagemeters, sw stats) i could find still use there own channel wich has to be broadcasted in any way and most of them weren't update for quite some time, too.

i hope someone will get one out soon
09-02-06, 04:39 AM   #2
BlackPanther
A Fallenroot Satyr
i heard sw_stats2 was in the works and i'm sure it will use the new addon channel.
09-02-06, 05:45 AM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AnduinLothar's DamageMeters-AL is available atm.
09-02-06, 06:37 AM   #4
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

I really miss Recap. the nice thing with Recap was its ability to get a record of damage/healing by specific ability. I respec often with my rogue - I like to track the stats on each of my abilities as I respec to compare the differences between specs. With the Rogue talent review, I would like to do this again.

Anyonw know of a Recap branch that has been updated or a mod that tracks at the level of detail?
09-02-06, 07:02 AM   #5
ra1d3n
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Flarin
I really miss Recap. the nice thing with Recap was its ability to get a record of damage/healing by specific ability. I respec often with my rogue - I like to track the stats on each of my abilities as I respec to compare the differences between specs. With the Rogue talent review, I would like to do this again.

Anyonw know of a Recap branch that has been updated or a mod that tracks at the level of detail?
+Recap has the absolutely BEST UI by far of all the mod's i've seen till today
me wants recap rewrite with sync PLX YOU GIEV
09-02-06, 08:49 AM   #6
Dawn
A Molten Giant

yeah, thanks for the damagemeters link, but i would prefer a swstats or recap version, too!
09-02-06, 09:23 AM   #7
frogofdoom
An Aku'mai Servant
Recap

Hey guys,
I think this version of Recap still works all right, but I don't know that it uses the addon channel. Still, if you just want a working version, you should go for that

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/a...p-updated.html
09-02-06, 11:00 AM   #8
techsgtchen
A Theradrim Guardian

the most uptodate version of SW Stats works just fine as well. At least it does for me.
09-02-06, 11:07 AM   #9
NorthernPlato
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by techsgtchen
the most uptodate version of SW Stats works just fine as well. At least it does for me.
Same here. I use SW_Stats, and it still works in 1.12. The autihor is appearantly working on a new version to use the sync channel, and posted in the Ace forums on wowace.com stating when it was ready, he'd provide the info necessary for a Fubar plugin.

The current version works, it just doesnt use the addon chat channel. It tracks use of specific abilities (for yourself, and those in your party), healing, damage, who recieved the most healing, etc.

If you're looking for a damage/healing meter, check it out. Worse that happens is that you dont like it

Plato
09-02-06, 11:27 AM   #10
Dawn
A Molten Giant

The point is the addon channel, if you have random groups or random groups of your guild that change often (like pvp groups or so) you might not want to have to broadcast a channel every time. the adon channel makes sure that everyone in your group is automatically in the right channel.
09-05-06, 12:03 PM   #11
NorthernPlato
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dawn
The point is the addon channel, if you have random groups or random groups of your guild that change often (like pvp groups or so) you might not want to have to broadcast a channel every time. the adon channel makes sure that everyone in your group is automatically in the right channel.
very true. But that's we were mentioning SW_stats, as the author is currently re-writing the addon to take advantage of the new addon channel.

the short answer to 'is there a damage meter that takes advantage of the addon channel', I believe, yes.

it can be found here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=5294

Plato
09-05-06, 01:22 PM   #12
kelith
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Flarin

KombatStats may do what you are looking for. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4670

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » "Damage Meter lookalike" post 1.12