04-10-10, 06:57 PM   #1
Destrominos
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Suggested Heal

Not sure if there's an AddOn out there that does this or not, so if there is sorry in advance.

Basically what the AddOn would do is put the spell icon over the party or raid members Unit Frame depending on how much health they need to be healed to full health.

Example: PlayerX has 26k health and is missing 2k of that health, the icon for show Flash Heal would be over PlayerX's Unit Frame.

But if PlayerX was missing say 5k health the icon for Greater Heal would be over the unit frame for PlayerX.

Also maybe if PlayerX is dead have the Resurrection icon over their unit frame.

I'm not sure how you'd would be able to work Renew in there.

This AddOn could be configured to what class you heal with. Priest, Paladin, Druid or Shaman.

Would love to see something like this.. Would also be great if this would be compatible for oUF.

If there already is an AddOn that does this please let me know.

Last edited by Destrominos : 04-10-10 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Added a resurrection option.
04-10-10, 10:00 PM   #2
orionshock
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Sure an addon can show you the icons for what your talking about. It could even put a frame there to click on for rezing people (just rezing people)

What it cannot do in combat is make that suggestion interactive (click to cast the suggested spell idea) . This is what we call smart casting & the like. That functionality was specifically broken and removed in the great nerf of patch 1.12 with the introduction of secure frame.
04-11-10, 12:09 AM   #3
Destrominos
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by orionshock View Post
Sure an addon can show you the icons for what your talking about. It could even put a frame there to click on for rezing people (just rezing people)
I just want to see icons over the UF, nothing else, just suggesting I use (insert heal here) then I would use my own keybinding and cast (insert heal here).
04-11-10, 01:06 AM   #4
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

If you are a little experienced with lua you can easily do this yourself with whatever ouf unitframe you are using.
Simply create a frame above every raidframe (raid[i]) and do if tests for hp lost.
Then just have the frames display the icon of choice based on hp lost.

if raid[i] curhp > maxhp - 5000
frameicon:Show()
frameicon = greaterheal.tga
elseif raid[i] curhp > maxhp - 2500
frameicon:Show()
frameicon = heal.tga
else
frameicon:Hide()
and so on and so forth.

I'm not that good with lua so this just a quick example which wont work as is. But shows what I'm going for here.

There are a lot of oUF setups with debuff icons, etc that can be recoded to show heal based on hp instead without much hassle. Find one and look into it.

04-11-10, 10:35 AM   #5
Destrominos
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Thanks sacrife, I'll take a look into that.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Suggested Heal