06-05-07, 04:30 PM   #1
nyghtelph
A Kobold Labourer
WoW on a Mac- addon button

So, I have been trying every suggestion that I can find. None of them have worked. I have also noticed that on many forums, no one helps so it is just a few people stuck not knowing what to do.

I have a powerbook g4, and my add-on button will not show up. I have tried deleting the interface folder, and then signing on so it makes a new one, I have tried a mac add-on converter thing, I am stuck.
06-05-07, 04:38 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Read this FAQ if you have not already: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install

Pay special attention to the second and third sections. If you're still having issues, come back with more detail about what you're doing.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-10-11, 09:28 AM   #3
wowgamerbro
A Kobold Labourer
installing problems

I have been trying to install a quest guide from ************, and I don't know what I am doing wrong. I downloaded it, put it in an AddOns folder in WoW interface, but still the button won't come up on my character screen. I'm on a mac by the way.
12-10-11, 04:48 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Have you read the FAQ linked above (4.5 years ago )? Pay special attention to the screenshots in the FAQ.

I don't know where you were trying to download from, as the url has been censored out. This probably means that you need to be looking at more reputable sites for your downloads.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-10-11, 08:02 PM   #5
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by wowgamerbro View Post
I have been trying to install a quest guide from ************, and I don't know what I am doing wrong. I downloaded it, put it in an AddOns folder in WoW interface, but still the button won't come up on my character screen. I'm on a mac by the way.
I use quest guides on my MAC from several vendors - Dugi, ManaView and Zygor. I have no issues with addons, or these quest guides on the MAC.

Download a screenshot program called SKITCH (its free on the MAC). Open up FIINDER and navigate to your Warcraft install directory and where you put the addons - expand the tree to show the entire path all the down to the addons. Use SKITCH to take a screenshot and post it here so we can take a look.

I am VERY new to MAC, but I didn't have any problems getting Warcraft to recognize addons, so it might be just one little thing you are missing.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

12-10-11, 08:38 PM   #6
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

You might want to check to see if the actual addon is inside the labeled folder, some addons have several modules involved so they put it inside the main folder and you need to seperate them.

Such as say:

ADDON#1 FOLDER
Addon#1
Addon#1 Options

the unbolded need to be taken out and put into the Interface\Addons\ folder, as the bolded part is not the addon itself.

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah
12-11-11, 07:51 PM   #7
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Flarin View Post
<snip>
Download a screenshot program called SKITCH (its free on the MAC).<snip>
Completely unnecessary. OSX has built-in screenshot capabilities; Command-Shift-4 brings up a crop tool which you can size to screenshot a certain area of the screen. If you want a full-screen screenshot, hit space when the crop tool appears to switch to fullscreen mode.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
12-11-11, 08:14 PM   #8
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Completely unnecessary. OSX has built-in screenshot capabilities; Command-Shift-4 brings up a crop tool which you can size to screenshot a certain area of the screen. If you want a full-screen screenshot, hit space when the crop tool appears to switch to fullscreen mode.
I stand corrected! I am new to Mac and didn't realize that lol! Cheers!

*update* edited for anal retentiveness.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

Last edited by Flarin : 12-13-11 at 07:40 AM.
12-13-11, 03:45 AM   #9
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

But can it copy+paste?

12-13-11, 04:49 AM   #10
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It creates a file, which you can copy/paste.

12-13-11, 07:18 AM   #11
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Slightly off topic, but it irritates me, sorry! "Mac" is short for "Macintosh", and is not an acronym like MAC. Same with "Lua", which is Portuguese for "moon"; it is not an acronym either.

Back to your regularly scheduled troubleshooting.
12-14-11, 02:45 PM   #12
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Didn't you know that ALL three-letter words ARE uppercased, by convention? I mean, WOW...YOU didn't know?

/cackle

12-14-11, 04:11 PM   #13
Gazmik
A Cobalt Mageweaver

More tangential tips:

Actually, hitting space after Cmd-Shift-4 switches to window screenshot mode (and back to drag-select/crop mode if you hit space again after that). If you have a fullscreen window like WoW, yeah, you'll get a fullscreen screenshot when you click anywhere... but you can also use that to get a screenshot of any other window you click on.

Cmd-Shift-3 takes a screenshot of the whole screen right away.

Also, adding Ctrl to either of those makes the screenshot go to the clipboard instead of a file on the desktop.
12-15-11, 12:59 AM   #14
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Also, if you have Dropbox, you can get Grabbox which grabs the screenshot, tosses it into your public Dropbox folder, then generates a shortened (optional) URL linking to the image on your Dropbox account.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » WoW on a Mac- addon button