08-01-12, 11:03 AM   #181
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exactly the same for me. Tested it with only 2 addons enabled (ouf+phanx layout), or just my minimap addon. Still the same.

08-01-12, 11:23 AM   #182
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I was just fine last night doing a ton of reloads...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-01-12, 03:14 PM   #183
Phanx
Cat.

I was also doing plenty of /reloading last night, with a bunch of addons enabled, and never crashed. Do you guys have taintLog enabled again? That thing is useless anyway.

08-01-12, 04:08 PM   #184
Barjack
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Jarod24 View Post
So far ive not been able to test dugeon scenarios myself.

Does anyone know if GetInstanceInfo() returns a different 'difficulty' value for Scenarios?
(ref: http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/GetInstanceInfo )
I think it does, but I can't test exactly what that value is at the moment. I know when I was testing challenge modes, GetInstanceInfo()'s difficulty was 8. Challenge modes and scenarios are kind of handled similarly in the code sometimes, so it's possible that scenarios are 8 as well, but they might be some other value too.

You can probably also use C_Scenario.IsInScenario() and C_Scenario.IsChallengeMode() in case the return values there aren't sufficient for whatever you're trying to do.

08-01-12, 04:34 PM   #185
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
This is without taintlog enabled.
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Do you guys have taintLog enabled again?
I double-checked to make sure it was off.

Oddly, some of my characters don't seem affected at all. I did a full wipe of Cache, Data/Cache and WTF too.

You are right though about its uncanny ability to blame perfectly innocent code for the most extraordinary things.

Last edited by Haleth : 08-01-12 at 04:37 PM.

08-01-12, 06:00 PM   #186
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

I get /reload crashes mainly on my warrior, rogue and druid.

My other characters I can reload without issue.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

08-02-12, 01:53 AM   #187
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Somehow I mostly get the crashes on my pally.

And I am sure that I disabled the taintLog... I mean, what can I do more than /console taintLog 0 and do a /reload?

08-02-12, 02:29 PM   #188
Phanx
Cat.

Well, if it crashes at that point, it may not actually be saving your taintLog 0 setting. Try exiting WoW and checking Config.wtf. If it still mentions taintLog anywhere, delete that line.

08-02-12, 04:14 PM   #189
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

So if NOWHERE is anything about taintLog, it is disabled? Okay. Then..

Edit: After todays (or yesterdays, dunno about time zones) I don't get any crashes at all. Fine. Finally.

Last edited by eiszeit : 08-03-12 at 10:21 AM.

08-03-12, 12:28 PM   #190
Vlad
A Molten Giant

So at some point they made in QueueStatusFrame.lua a global wrapFunc function, should be local if you ask me. :P

Also a bit intrigued by the new Frame:RegisterUnitEvent("event", "unit1"[, "unitN"])

For example the buff frame uses :RegisterUnitEvent("UNIT_AURA", "player", "vehicle") instead of the regular event registering then checking if the first argument equals player or vehicle, e.g. I wonder if this means we can use this to technically check if the first argument equals one of our given arguments or if it's hard coded to work with only some events.

I got to test it, seems that it works. Basically any event where you wish the first argument to be one of the "fake units" when doing the RegisterUnitEvent call, then the OnEvent will fire your function. It works like regular events and all, only you can avoid having the "x or y or z ..." check in your function as it's done before it even fires. I guess it's more performance friendly when done in C level? Considering all the "UNIT_" events.

Last edited by Vlad : 08-03-12 at 01:20 PM.

08-03-12, 01:47 PM   #191
Lombra
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
So at some point they made in QueueStatusFrame.lua a global wrapFunc function, should be local if you ask me. :P

Also a bit intrigued by the new Frame:RegisterUnitEvent("event", "unit1"[, "unitN"])

For example the buff frame uses :RegisterUnitEvent("UNIT_AURA", "player", "vehicle") instead of the regular event registering then checking if the first argument equals player or vehicle, e.g. I wonder if this means we can use this to technically check if the first argument equals one of our given arguments or if it's hard coded to work with only some events.

I got to test it, seems that it works. Basically any event where you wish the first argument to be one of the "fake units" when doing the RegisterUnitEvent call, then the OnEvent will fire your function. It works like regular events and all, only you can avoid having the "x or y or z ..." check in your function as it's done before it even fires. I guess it's more performance friendly when done in C level? Considering all the "UNIT_" events.
Huh.. that seems weird. Should really rename that function then. But if it stays, it could be neat. RegisterUnitEvent("ADDON_LOADED", "MyAddon") \o/

08-04-12, 05:07 AM   #192
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
Huh.. that seems weird. Should really rename that function then. But if it stays, it could be neat. RegisterUnitEvent("ADDON_LOADED", "MyAddon") \o/
Exactly, saves us having the if-check like this!

If you call it from the root of the file you can even :RegisterUnitEvent("ADDON_LOADED", (...)) since ... contains the addon name too, hehe. It's in parenthesis to strip away the table argument, maybe it will bug it or it may compare the string with the table, quite unnecessary.

*Edit*

Hmm, sadly, I tested using this:
Code:
/run CreateFrame("Frame","T")T:RegisterUnitEvent("ADDON_LOADED","Blizzard_PetJournal")T:SetScript("OnEvent",print)
And it fired the print each time ADDON_LOADED fired, not just for the Blizzard_PetJournal :'(

Last edited by Vlad : 08-04-12 at 07:48 AM.

08-04-12, 12:50 PM   #193
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
An addon name isn't a unit.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-04-12, 04:54 PM   #194
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Was just guessing they made a simple "if x or y or ... then" alias by making that RegisterUnitEvent and just calling it that because it's used for UNIT_ events. If lucky we could have used it for more than just units, any event where we check first argument would in theory be applicable, but when tested it didn't work so it's predetermined what events that new widget API works with. :P

08-04-12, 08:58 PM   #195
Phanx
Cat.

The method is called RegisterUnitEvent. I think it should be pretty obvious that it only works with unit events...

There is really no need to have this for events like ADDON_LOADED, which almost never fire after the initial loading sequence. The whole point of RegisterUnitEvent isn't to save you from the crushing burden of typing that one line of code to check the unit... it's to speed up processing of events that fire very frequently (especially in combat) and are almost always filtered by the unit they pass. Aside from the UNIT_* events, the only event that really falls into this category is COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED.

08-05-12, 05:08 AM   #196
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Can't blame me for trying, sometimes devs create functions that have one purpose but can fulfill another, in this case they made sure you can't use this for anything else, but it was worth at least trying out. :P

08-06-12, 02:53 AM   #197
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Darkmoon Faire is up, and all of the games use the [overridebar] state.

08-06-12, 01:27 PM   #198
Allara
A Kobold Labourer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
Can't blame me for trying, sometimes devs create functions that have one purpose but can fulfill another, in this case they made sure you can't use this for anything else, but it was worth at least trying out. :P
It wouldn't surprise me if units were stored as a bitmask or some other representation (not a string) at the C level, which is why this isn't working as you'd expect. It'd also be much faster than a string comparison, which is why this new function is very helpful.

08-06-12, 04:47 PM   #199
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Anyone on the US forums able to do a request for me?
It's the following:

Allow us to be able to retrieve information about a player's standing with an NPC without currently talking to them.

This could be implemented by using the id of the said NPC as the first argument in GetFriendshipReputation(), like this: GetFriendshipReputation(id).
Would open up for add-ons to track an player's standing with each NPC at any time, without beeing in a conversation with them.
Also, for ease-of-access if you consider this, add the NPC's name as a return from that function.

The way I'd do it right now is to get a database of each and every NPC that has reputation available, then update it whenever the player talks to them. This is not a good way of countering this "issue".

Last edited by p3lim : 08-06-12 at 07:24 PM.

08-06-12, 07:17 PM   #200
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

@p3lim
[API Request] GetFriendshipReputation(id)

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Beta API discussion