11-05-10, 10:15 AM   #1
Virion
A Defias Bandit
Clique feature request

I like clique a lot. I don't use it as much as I'd like though, because I haven't been able to make it do everything I want. The following features would be of immense benefit:

variable bindings based on one or more of: target/focus/target of target/target of focus/party/raid/player role/class. If this was only doable via minor plug in lua scripts that'd be ok, as long as you can plug them in via the game interface rather than editing files.
11-06-10, 03:27 AM   #2
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's really unclear what you actually want, but if you want different Clique bindings to apply based on what unit is actually being shown by a frame, this cannot be done. In the future, I plan to make it possible to create custom frame sets which can then be used to restrict certain bindings to certain frames. If you have separate unit frames for each of these, then this would probably serve that purpose.

But again, there is absolutely no general way for any addon even like Clique to change the bindings that are active based on what unit you are clicking on.

It would be useful if you could actually list what you want to do, rather than just a list of conditions. What do you actually want to accomplish? Be explicit.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
11-06-10, 07:51 AM   #3
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

What he seems to be asking is for binds to react differently based on what frame the mouse is over at the time the bind is used. I know it won't work by class, and possibly not by role, but if target/player/raid frames have their own different framenames, then it could be possible to filter by that.

Example: Mouse1 is bound to, say, 3 abilities. 1 for Player frame, 1 for, Target frame, and one for Party frame.

What it seems like he's asking though, for is frame sets, as you're planning on.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
11-06-10, 08:41 AM   #4
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Thanks for the translation =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Clique feature request