04-17-09, 12:50 PM   #1
alliepooh989
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite Kicking me off WoW

Ok. So when I first downloaded the new version of Carbonite for the new patch it worked. I was excited. A little box popped up asking if I wanted to join the minimap and the Carbonite map together. Sounded nifty and if I didn't like it it said it could be fixed. So I hit 'Yes.' Well while the screen was reloading it kicks me off WoW saying there was an error and I could send it to Blizzard. Well this happens occasionally so I sent the error to Blizzard and tried to log back on. I cannot log onto any of my characters. I have sent at least 20 notifications to Blizzard. I then decided that it might be the Carbonite. When I disable that I can log on. I have no idea what to do. I love this addon but it won't let me play with it on now. I've deleted all the Carbonite off of my computer and reinstalled it 4 times now and it still won't work.

Please help.

04-17-09, 01:11 PM   #2
alliepooh989
A Murloc Raider
I can have Carbonite Nodes and Carbonite Transfer checked and I am able to get on. But with Carbonite 3.1 checked I cannot get onto the game. I have disabled all of my other addons to see if that would work and I still can't get on.

04-17-09, 01:14 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Reinstalling does not change saved settings, since those go in the WTF folder.

Reboot the computer and try these:

1 Delete cache folder
2 Run game
3 Test

1 Exit game
2 Delete the file World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<account name>\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua
3 Run game
4 Test

1 Exit game
2 Rename folder WTF to WTFold
3 Run game
4 Test

04-17-09, 01:50 PM   #4
alliepooh989
A Murloc Raider
Thanks. I only did the first bit and it all works now. I'm super excited. Love Carbonite! Thanks so much for letting us use it

04-18-09, 02:36 AM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cool. Blizzard's cache data can get corrupted sometimes and cause weird things to happen. It is always safe (and easy) to delete, since the game will just pull the data from the server as it is needed.

06-24-10, 02:10 PM   #6
duhme
A Kobold Labourer
Deleting the carbonate.lua worked wonders for me, thank you!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Kicking me off WoW